Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Two years ago today

Two years ago today I was at my OB's office. I called in that morning because something just seemed a little different. Knowing that my pregnancy was high risk, I was a little concerned. They allowed me to come in without an appointment to get worked in with one of the doctors. This is a benefit to having higher order multiples - the OBs aren't messing around - you get what you need, when you need it!

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was there in the waiting room watching the tv. Price George had just been born to my besties in the UK and the news stations were showing Buckingham Palace and waiting for the official announcement to be posted at the palace. Isn't it weird how you can remember certain times and events from your past with such clarity but can't remember what you ate yesterday?




On this day two years ago, I didn't really think anything with my pregnancy had changed, but I was there in the office just to be sure. I wanted a little reassurance that the babies were fine and so was I. I genuinely thought I would be going back to work and just taking it easy in the evenings. So naive. Little did I know that I would get an urgent appointment scheduled for Maternal Fetal Medicine (high risk OB) for the following morning and be sent directly to the hospital for admission. 7/23/13 started my official bed rest period leading up to the boys' birth.

I got a reminder this morning about Prince George's second birthday from a friend and it took me back to that day in the OB's office when everything was about to change.

Anyways, all worked out the way God intended. My life has taken a very different path than what I ever would have expected or planned, but this path is awesome. The past two years have taught me so much and have changed me for the better. Thank God that I went to the OB's office two years ago today and was put on bed rest. I can't stand the thought of what the outcome would have been had I not gotten bed rest and delayed the birth for 5 weeks.Thank God I have healthy, happy little guys.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say.....
Happy second birthday, Prince George!


I love this sweet picture of him!

You can read more about my pregnancy, followed by bed rest and delivery starting in this post: My Triplet Pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment