Friday, July 3, 2015

Girls weekend: June 2015 edition + Nator shower

Last weekend was so fun! I went to Atlanta with my besties to hang out...oh yeah, and we hosted a baby shower for Steph (aka Nator). Here's how the weekend went down.
 
Friday night, Diane and I got there late. I had been in Buffalo for work all week and just got home late Friday afternoon. Diane was kind enough to let me hang out with the boys for a few hours and get them to bed before we left for Atlanta, so we didn't get there until a little after 10. We were staying at Adam's house. Saying that his house is amazing is basically an understatement. It's unbelievable! It just doesn't even seem real. I want to go and stay with him at least twice a year. It's truly an awesome getaway. I felt like I was at a swanky hotel or something. Anyway, we got there Friday night and ended up in Adam's hot tub and pool. Adam lit the fire line thing (like a fire pit, but the gas line is underneath the stones and it was a long line of fire) around the pool and the ambiance was incredible. I unfortunately did not take a single picture. As Jacqui put it, "sometimes you just have to live in the moment." So true, so true.
 
Saturday was mostly a pretty day so we did a little bit of shower prep in the morning and then spent the afternoon swimming and talking at the pool. Here are a few pictures of Adam's house and pool. LOVE.
Ahh....heaven.
You can see the gas line for the fire on the bottom of this pic.
 
 
Perfect flower boxes
 
lounge chairs and grill/fridge towards the back


This corner is the hot tub and the water falls over
the edge into the pool.

The house

lounge area


Outside table with perfect succulent containers!

View of pool from front porch
Front porch

View of Piedmont Park from Adam's front porch

Front door
 Hanging out on Saturday...

Our amazing host and floral designer
He's the BEST!!!! Clearly.

A work of art.

This one too!

Jacqui and me swimming
 
Lunch break on the porch

It rained...but we still had fun and swam for a while!

Sun's out, guns out

Our boy bestie

Diane, me, Jacqui

Colby, post-shower

Jacqui and me

Jacqui and Diane

Jacqui and Colby
Adam's living room
I ran out of room on my memory card so I couldn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, otherwise I would have taken a picture of every single room and bathroom in this amazing house!

After our afternoon of fun at the pool, we all got ready and called Uber and hit the town for dinner and drinks!

Before we left...

Colby and Nator

Nator and Adam

Nator and me

The girls!
Jacqui, Colby, me, Nator, Diane
 On the way...

Having so much fun...and being crazy
We arrived at our location....

Our dinner spot!
They quoted us a few hours wait time, so we had to go grab a drink while we waited.

Fun times on the street...


So cute!




My friends are goofy, but very, very fun!

Where we had pre-dinner drinks

Adam, me, Nator

Love these people!

Having so much fun!

Lots of laughs at this table


Time for dinner...we were all starving by this point!

Diane, Jacqui, Colby, Nator, Jill and me

Loving the food and the company!

Jill came out to dinner with us! :)

Too much fun?!?!?

Confirmed....too much fun!
Jacqui and me
We had a blast at dinner and all slept really well on Saturday night. Sunday morning was work time as we had a baby shower to host! Luckily, Adam's house is spectacularly kept, so we didn't have to do anything in terms of housework. Diane brought a few decorations, Adam did our flowers, Colby and Jacqui coordinated the food and I just tried to be helpful!

Nator's baby shower!
The theme was "adventure" and outdoors because Nator and Neil love to hike and be at one with nature (kind of). Think burlap, animals, nature, etc and the colors were blue, green and orange. Nator and Neil's son will probably follow in their footsteps with a love of hiking. One thing is for sure: this little guy will be their biggest adventure to date! #theRuss (inside joke)

"Puffs" leading up the stairs

Shower favors - canasta snacks in mason jars


Shower prep begins

Jacqui had to catch a flight back to NYC (tear), and called
her Uber to pick her up before the shower started. :(

Diaper cake, compliments of Erin

The mantle - paper wreath, colorful trees, baby pics of
Nator and Neil and the onesie clothesline

Close-up of the "outdoor" themed onesies

Shower prep!

Coffee station

Drink station

Water station

Yogurt parfait bar

Food buffet


Doughnuts from Sublime

Pasta salad and watermelon, feta and mint salad

Meat and cheese tray with crackers

Pancetta and egg casserole
Johanna and Nator - beautiful Mom/daughter duo

Gorgeous guest of honor - Nator/Steph!
Pretty ladies

Steph and guests

Johanna and Diane

Food time!




Time to open presents!











Ohio brunettes in Atlanta

The Atlanta crew

Diane, Nator and Colbs

All the hosts with our BFF and Tyrus

Look who came by to help load presents!!
Neil (he's the baby daddy)
Everybody pretty much had to hit the road shortly after the shower ended. After having been in Buffalo all week and then spending the weekend in Atlanta, I was definitely ready to get home and see Thomas and the boys. On the other hand, I get rejuvenated by spending time with my friends. The weekend was awesome, the setting was perfect and there's just something about being around life-long friends that makes you feel good. I love my friends and am excited about the next chapter in Nator's life. I'll be making another trip down to Atlanta shortly after the baby is born. And I can't wait to meet him!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...lots of laughs happening here, too!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment