Friday, November 2, 2018

School Fall Festival

The boys's school holds a Fall Festival each year. We were all looking forward to this event! We'd had a busy morning with soccer and errands and I told they boys they had to go have some quiet time before going to the Festival. I had to go into their room several times and give them the "warning" about being quiet during quiet time. My hope was that they'd get a little nap, or at least rest just a little to avoid the untimely bad behavior that was bound to happen. I ended up dropping the hammer: if they weren't quiet, they weren't going to the Fall Festival. Boom.

Annnnndddd guess what! Only Stokes got to come with me to the Festival. Stokes ended up taking a nap, however, William was not quiet. Even though it almost killed me, I had to stick to my guns and leave him at home. It was brutal. William was bawling his eyes out as we were leaving. I almost started crying when I got in my car. I was so sad for him. But also a little mad that he couldn't just do what I asked. Sweet Ryan was a perfect angel, of course, but since Thomas and William were already staying home, he just stayed with them.

Kids are encouraged to wear their Halloween costume to the Festival, but their costumes were not done yet (DIY again in 2018!) so I had some sweet dollar store standbys ready! Even though William and Ryan didn't come to the festival, I still made them wear the costumes and take some pics before we left.

Attention!

My cute little soldiers
In case you're wondering, in these pictures William was in denial and still thought he was actually going to the festival. It all broke loose when Stokes and I were walking out the door and he couldn't come. Such a sad moment.

The festival had live music, bounce houses, a magician, face painting, games, pizza, popcorn, cotton candy - it was all there! We really enjoyed it and got to see some school friends and parents that we know. Their school does an incredible job on this festival. I'm always really impressed with it.

Bounce house fun


Stokes and his adorable girlfriend, Emerson

Making custom caramel apples


One of his former teachers painted a tiger
paw on his cheek (and he got balloons
as we were leaving).
Hopefully all 5 of us can attend next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment