Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Halloween 2018

This year was our first Halloween in our new house and so it was a little different than in years past. We had some bad luck with Trunk or Treats this year since the Friday before Halloween rained out both Ryan's school Trunk or Treat and the other boys's school Trunk or Treat activities. We also didn't make it to Thomas's office to trick or treat this year, which is a shame, because it's always one of our favorite things to do. This year Thomas had tickets to see Chris Stapleton in Knoxville with his brothers-in-law on that Friday night so he left mid-day to go to Tennessee with William and I didn't feel right about going to his work without him (and missing 2 of the 4 ninja turtles!).

I DIYed the costumes again this year. We got input from the boys that they wanted to be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and since there are 4 turtles, I got buy-in from Thomas that he would be the 4th turtle. I love it when we have full family participation.

TMNT Key:
Raphael (red) - Thomas
Michaelangelo (orange) - Stokes
Leonardo (blue) - Ryan
Donatello (purple) - William

I even got in on the theme. One evening William told me that I could be April from the News. I was puzzled. Side note: I didn't really watch much of the ninja turtles, even when I was young, so I don't totally know all the characters. I wasn't clear what William was talking about and I'm not familiar of a local news reporter named April, so lo and behold I did some googling and realized that April is a news reporter for TMNT. William totally knew what he was talking about! And she apparently wears normal clothes. Check! I even made myself a "Press Pass" to wear with April's name on it. Hence, I got to participate in the costume wearing for the Peerys.

So Halloween evening was our big celebration this year. We got home from work/school, ate pizza (quickly!), got costumes on, took a few pictures and trick-or-treaters were coming to our house! MaSha kindly agreed to hang out at our house and pass out candy while we went trick-or-treating. We took a big loop around around section of our neighborhood and came back home to pass out candy to the bigger kids that were still out and about. It was lots of fun!

Peerys as the TMNT

Ready to trick-or-treat!

Image result for megan fox april o'neil tmnt
FYI - this was the April O'Neil look
I was going for. Nailed it, right?
With the exception of the jacket color.
We're {basically} indistinguishable. DUH

MaSha with all the Turtles

They were DONE with pics and
ready for candy!
Turtle shells!

We saw some school friends!!!



Fun decorations at a neighbor's house

Scary!

Ding dong!

Trick-or-treat!

Ryan got to ride in style

Almost done...

After we got back I realized that with all the hub bub before trick-or-treating, I didn't get a picture of just the boys! I, of course, wanted to document them in their cute costumes so before we went in the house, I urged them to let me get some pics. Stokes was NOT feeling it. But I threatened that he couldn't have his candy until he sat for these pics. It worked, but he's not into it. HA! And since these were taken at the end, some of them have their shells off, Ryan's eye mask isn't totally on, the fabric around the elbows is missing (and what was near the knees is all over the place) - so the costumes had basically been through the ringer by this point. At least the shirts held up ok!

Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello

Stokes, Ryan and William

Cuties!

All 4 of my Ninja Turtles

They had a lot of fun and looked great!

MaSha and all her boys

Our ghost pumpkin

Jack-o-lantern
I put some dry ice in it so that smoke would be billowing out of
eyes and mouth, but it didn't work so well. :(

I did have this scary cauldron with the dry
ice though and it was pretty cool!

Video of the dry ice is below. I loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment