Friday, December 11, 2015

Thanksgiving weekend with family

I'm a little out of order because I couldn't wait ANY longer to post about Ryan's crawling. I've been trying to go in chronological order to get caught up, but that one is just too important! ;)

So back in time we go!

We drove home on Friday after Thanksgiving at my Aunt Mary Nell's house. My niece Kaitlyn came with us. I sure do love that precious girl! I think I'm one of her faves, too!

On Saturday, we watched the Clemson/South Carolina game at noon. WE WON!! But it was a nail biter. A little too close for comfort. But hey, a win is a win.

Later that afternoon, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Duncan, Virginia and Abigail dropped by. They spent Thanksgiving up in Charlotte and were able to break up their trip back to Atlanta with a little visit at our house. The timing was great because Kaitlyn doesn't get to see this side of her family all that often, so I love it when we can coordinate for everyone to be together!

Uncle Duncan with William and Ryan

V and A playing with the boys

Ryan and Aunt Kathy

Abigail and Ryan

The group (minus Thomas, who was taking the picture)

Stokes, Abigail, Kaitlyn, Virginia, Duncan,
William, Kathy, me and Ryan
Our Atlanta Van Pelts stayed for a few hours, maybe, and then had to head home. We loved seeing them!!

We went to church on Sunday morning and it was the Hanging of the Greens service. We had actually signed up to hang a wreath and it was cool because Kaitlyn was with us and actually carried the wreath for us.

Kiddos before church
Kaitlyn's dad, Andy, came to pick her up on Sunday afternoon. She was so sweet and well behaved all weekend. She is a great mini-babysitter because she loves playing with and entertaining the boys. I can't wait until she can come visit us again!

We will get a chance to see the Van Pelts again before Christmas so we're looking forward to our next get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment