Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ornament fatalities

Here's how I started this post about 2 weeks ago:
We are down 4 ornaments and our tree has been up and decorated for two days. At this rate, we may not have any ornaments left come Christmas Eve!

Due to my attempt at keeping my posts in fairly chronological order, I got busy and didn't get a chance to finish and post this one until now.

The good news as of today? We are still down only 4 ornaments! The first day was pretty rough, but we've been smooth sailing since then. We lost 3 ornaments within the first hour the tree was up before the boys went to bed, then 1 ornament the next day and none since then. The taper off of ornament breaking was spectacular.

The boys are intrigued-as I knew they would be. I thought these ball ornaments I had were pretty heavy duty. Thomas and I have dropped them here and there while decorating or putting them away and never had one break. But it's been proven that they will straight-up shatter at the hands of a toddler. I really did try to put those ornaments that I don't really care about or those that seemed a little more durable towards the bottom of the tree. The really special ones are up a little higher. I'm so proud of Thomas - this year he used fishing wire and small hooks to stabilize the tree to the wall, in case anyone decided to get a little rowdy. No toppling trees for us!

We also have a little fake tree that we keep in the family room. It's our Clemson tree. It's not super sturdy to begin with, so I didn't even bother putting any of our nice, breakable (favorite) Clemson ornaments on it this year. It still looks cute though.

Here are some tree gazing pictures I was able to snap of the boys.










P.S. I also put candy canes on our big tree. The boys found those and let's just say that we had quite a few sticky doorknobs after all was said and done.

P.P.S. This here below? Well this just makes me laugh. So true, Honest Toddler, so true. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment