Monday, December 21, 2015

Santa again!

I was getting nervous last week about not having done a Santa picture yet. I had already missed several opportunities through different organizations and was starting to think I was going to have to go to the dreaded mall and spend $5,000 to get a Santa picture for 2015. UGH. 

Last year, our neighborhood did a breakfast with Santa, and we got the picture there. This year they weren't able to get on Santa's events list and he wasn't able to make it to the neighborhood breakfast (the breakfast also coincided with our Peery family Christmas gathering, so we wouldn't have been able to go anyways).

With time running down, I was really starting to think about which day we could go to the mall, when the lines would be the smallest, which adult I could plead to come with me, etc, etc. Then we lucked out. First we saw Santa on Tuesday night at the TNT Holiday lights, then on Wednesday, Thomas's work offered a Santa photo opportunity!

When I pulled up to the office, Thomas and my friend Wendy came out to help unload the boys. I've said this a million times, but it's so much better when we have 3 adults around so I don't have to mess with any strollers. We went right in and got in line for Santa, and luckily the line was pretty short. 

They had the scene set up perfectly with props and everything. They even had those light reflecting panels that you see in a photography studio. I am not used to all that cool equipment, so I just took a bunch of pictures, scooped the boys up, and we went to visit with some of Thomas's buddies and co-workers. 

At some point while we were there, Wendy asked how the pictures turned out. I actually hadn't even looked yet so I started looking through my camera to see if I had gotten any decent ones. OMG. I had my flash on and with those reflecting panels, the light took over all the pictures. You could barely even see them! I was so disappointed! But don't worry, we have the inside track there and we went back through the line to see Santa for the 2nd time. HA! On the 2nd go round, I turned my flash off. Lesson learned!

Pictures with Santa:

William wanted us to come pick him up!

You can see here that we were in a conference room, and I was
trying to take pictures without the doors, but I also wanted
to get all the props in the picture. How cute did all the
props turn out?!?!?


Stokes on the verge of tears...

No one is looking at the camera, but at least
they're all facing forward. :)
Hanging out in the office...

Ryan was showing off and even crawled a little bit! Wendy hadn't seen him crawl and asked if he would do it. I really didn't think he would - it takes some motivation and prodding at this point and this outfit, while super cute, is not very comfortable for crawling. Regardless, I put him on the floor and used my phone to get his attention and he did it! I was so proud of him! Wendy even got a little emotional seeing it in person and recognizing what a long way he's come. 

Wendy and Ryan

Lukas tickling Stokes -
little guy was cracking up!

Visiting with our friends

Ok, so here's a glimpse at the first set of pictures I took (with flash!). AHHH! I'm so glad that Wendy asked me about them and that I took a look. I would have been so sad if these were the only pictures I'd gotten!!!



On Wednesday morning, in anticipation of going to see Santa that evening, I took a little video of the boys. Unfortunately, I turned the camera around and totally messed up my video. Bummer. Once again, lesson learned. Anyway, it's just so cute I'm going to post it anyway!


Redo of my Santa video, and I did not turn the camera around mid-way through. Success. I thought it was funny how the boys started talking about their cousins in this one. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment