Monday, November 11, 2013

Just hangin' out

It is awesome to have the boys at home. I was scared to death at the thought of bringing them home and being responsible for them, but it is way better than I could have imagined! We are managing pretty well. We are figuring out a routine that works and settling in. We just got done eating and then had some tummy time!



Stokes:


Ryan:

William:

I am obsessed! :)
By the way, my maternal instincts have shot through the roof since my babies have come home. My best friends and I always laughed about how NOT maternal I was, which was a small concern when we found out I was having triplets! Anyway, while they were in the NICU, I was relying so much on the nurses to help and to guide me instead of just trying to do what I thought was best. This is a good plan in the NICU, especially when they were first born and so premature and fragile (I could have hurt or hindered them by doing what I thought was "best" at that time), however, I may have been leaning on the nurses too much there towards the end of the NICU stay. I was completely lacking confidence in motherhood and my ability to take care of 3 babies. All that to say, now that they're home and I am in charge of them, those instincts are finally kicking in. It's hard to describe, but now it feels like my boys are MINE, and I never felt that 100% in the NICU. 

I mentioned in a previous post that the boys weren't taking their whole bottles and that was making me nervous. I am glad to report that they are doing much better and drink all of it almost every single time. They are also getting faster with finishing their bottles, for which I am so grateful! Every little minute helps when you are taking care of 3 babies!

MaSha, the boys' grandmother, has been here helping since Thursday, and what a huge help she's been! She is helping diaper and feed babies, washing and making bottles, doing laundry (babies's and grown ups!), organizing stuff around the house, cooking/meal planning, etc! Thomas and I are grateful for the assistance! 

We are still putting a few finishing touches on the nursery and I will be so excited when it's complete! Can't wait to post pictures because I think it's so cute! Btw, this must be my "nesting instinct" kicking in as well because I am ALL ABOUT working on my house and getting it looking good right now. I know, this instinct is also showing up a little later than expected! I think the hospital bed rest and NICU threw my instincts for a loop!

My dad came by this weekend to visit with the boys. His name is Stokes...sound familiar?!?! Yep, he's the namesake for our Stokes. :) Here he is loving on one of his grandsons.


Thomas and MaSha are out running errands right now. I am on my own with the little guys! Everything takes a lot longer with just 1 person, but I am no longer nervous to do it on my own. Score. Speaking of errands, I got the luxury of running errands on Saturday and it was glorious!!! Hobby Lobby, WalMart, Buy Buy Baby, Ross, Marshalls Home Goods & Target...I was really getting after it! Nesting instincts made me buy a lot of house stuff ha! Like I said, it was glorious..at least for a few hours and then I hit 5:00 traffic on Woodruff Rd and wanted to be done and back home as soon as possible! You Greenville people know what I am talking about!

Agenda for the rest of the day...give the boys a bath and possibly get MaSha to take some pictures of us as a family. Will post them!

Side note: I have gotten a lot of feedback from people that are reading the blog and cyber-supporting us (I think I just made up that word!) and I want to say THANK YOU! Glad to hear that people are reading and enjoying it! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Katie, being nervous about bringing one baby home is NORMAL...cannot imagine with three but that mama instinct always comes out. They are precious!!!!!!!! I want to snuggle them!! You keep them...just let me snuggle, love, feed, burp and give back!!!! ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete