Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We're kind of a big deal

Updates all around!

Stokes
I fed Stokes a bottle for his noon feeding but he didn't take the whole bottle and about 1/3 of it had to go through his feeding tube. That's ok though, he will get it eventually! He is still on 2 bottle feedings per day, gets 48 cc's per feeding and weighs 5 lb, 3.6 oz.
Stokes in his isolette
Close up! 
Just look at that sweet face :)


Ryan
Ryan's low flow oxygen was changed to wall air. I am not 100% clear about what that means but it's a slight upgrade. His air tube is literally plugged into the wall...
He is doing well with his "wall air"! I fed him a bottle at his 3:00 feeding and he took the whole thing! He is getting 4 bottles per day, at each 9:00 and 3:00 feeding. Not sure if I have mentioned this before but the babies are on a schedule and get fed at 12, 3, 6 & 9 throughout the day/night. Ryan is getting 48 cc's per feeding and weighs 5 lb, 2.5 oz. Nurses & drs keep talking about "when he goes home", so I think we may be getting close! 
Pics while I was holding him after his 3:00 feeding. He was very alert & very handsome!

William
Big changes for Mr. William today! He is off all oxygen and breathing room air on his own! Now both he and Stokes are totally off O2. You may remember that William stayed on CPAP way longer than his brothers and really struggled with breathing, but look at him now! Not only that, he also got a new house! He moved out of his isolette and into an open air crib. I am so excited for him! He just needs to maintain body temp to stay in open air crib and keep his breathing regulated to stay off oxygen. So far today he has been doing great with both. I am supposed to feed him a bottle at 6:00 this evening and with the 2 big changes he has had today, I am a little nervous about how his feeding will go. Too many changes can stress these little guys out, so fingers are crossed that he will take his feeding like the fighter that he is! He is currently getting 44 cc's per feeding, 2 bottle feedings per day and weighs 4 lb, 13.3 oz. 
William in his new home
Close up!
Sweet baby!

This is a pic of Ryan and me with Dr. Ohning, our neonatologist. He was "all dressed up" today so I wanted to capture the moment! Thomas and I both love Dr. Ohning.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, seeing these three boys makes my heart melt!! they are so precious and you and Thomas are doing so good!!! See you soon at the baby shower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete