Friday, October 4, 2013

Progress

I love coming to the NICU and getting good reports and news on the boys! Yep, we've got someone getting better with breathing and a couple of 4 pounders! Here are the recent updates.

As of today William is off CPAP and back on high flow! Woooo hoooo!!!! So far he's handling it really well and I am so hopeful that he's done with CPAP for good! He currently weighs 3 lb, 11.9 oz.

Pic of him from yesterday while on a CPAP break:

Dad holding William tonight:

Ryan is having a good day today. He is Mr. Steady and rarely has bad days. His nurse has adjusted the temp in his isolette down to 28.8 C. Once it gets adjusted to 28 C flat, he can move to an open air crib instead of an isolette. That will be awesome and seems to me like a major step in the right direction. He currently weighs 4 lb, 0.5 oz. Big boy!

I held Ryan yesterday and here are some of the pictures.
Smiley*, happy baby

*I know they say that babies this young aren't actually smiling, but I refuse to believe that! ;)

Stokes is doing well today also. He got a new, clean isolette after creating a "code brown" this afternoon. I will let you use your imagination about what that is! While his bed was being switched out, I got to hold him and he was super sweet for me. He currently weighs 4 lb, 0.8 oz. Another big boy!

As promised, we are going to take weekly pictures of the boys with their new alligators so we can track how big they're getting in comparison to something. Thanks to Shea for these cute alligators! The boys love them! Notice the bandanas with their names on them.

Stokes

William

Ryan






1 comment:

  1. Katie & Thomas, the boys are growing so fast...yay! And I too think babies can produce happy smiles. Glad you all had a good week. Hugs and kisses to all five of the Peery clan.

    ReplyDelete