Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Los tres hermanos

Did you know...
Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day? Me neither. It actually commemorates the Mexican Army's victory over the French during the Battle of Puebla in 1862. If you're interested, you can read all about it here!

Does it give us a reason to eat tacos and have margaritas (or in the casa de Peery tonight, Coronas)? Why, yes, yes it does! I'm all in. Did someone say tacos?!?!?!



Or as our friend Matt says, "Today!!!! Is t he anniversary of the time I ate five jars of mayonnaise in one sitting!!! In honor of this accomplishment, today will forever be known as....CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We get this same text every year and every year it makes me laugh. :)

Final note: here's the guacamole recipe that I use. I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE it. So easy and delicious. And don't mess with the lime juice instructions. Just squeeze it in the bowl and leave it all in there. 

1 comment: