Wednesday, February 5, 2014

They got me

Well I went out on the girls night out dinner last night and got surprised! Three of my friends came to pick me up and I thought they might want to spend some time holding and snuggling the babies before we left. They did but only for a minute and then it was time to go. I definitely got the feeling that we needed to be "on time" and figured we must have gotten reservations, which typically wouldn't be needed at this restaurant for a table of 4 on a Tuesday night, but didn't think too much into it. When we got there several other girlfriends of mine were waiting on us. Awesome surprise! It was so wonderful to catch up with them and there were lots of stories, laughs, hugs, and margaritas! It was a great time! 

I had to wear the birthday sombrero for a picture, of course! This thing was pretty heavy - haha!
I love Heather's face in this one...she must be thinking about how ridiculous I look with this gigantic sombrero! 

The girls gave me some cute presents and even brought mini cupcakes from Gigi's. They were the perfect size...just enough to satisfy that sweet tooth without ODing on sugar. Here's the aftermath:

I needed that girls night out. It's good for my soul to spend time with my girlfriends. Thanks, y'all, for making it such a fun night!

Thomas and the boys had a good night as well. Thomas's helpers, Brenda and Paul McCurry, came over with chili and brownies and helpful hands! They fed and hung out with the boys and watched the Clemson/Georgia Tech basketball game. In case you're wondering, Clemson won. Go tigers! 

They reported to me that the babies did great and were sweet. I am very proud of my boys for behaving. Hopefully that means continued opportunities for girls night outs in the future! ;)

It was a great day and night. I am still looking forward to Friday, too! Gotta love birthday week.

My sweet babies this morning...


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I was so not supposed to be in the sombrero pic!!! Such a fun night...love you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete