Thursday, February 27, 2014

Growing like weeds

We had our 6 month well visit with the pediatrician yesterday, complete with shots - ouch! The boys did great though! As their MaSha said, they were "stuck" so many times in the NICU they can really handle it like champs! We get a lot of oohs and aahs and questions when we go to appointments, particularly from the other parents in the waiting room or at the check out, but the staff was so complimentary of the boys. I think they probably compliment everyone but they always tell us how adorable and good looking they are. I believe them! ;) The boys were really well behaved yesterday, just calm and laid back. Of course they cried when they got their shots but it didn't last long then they fell asleep. I was very proud of how well they did. Thomas was able to go with me yesterday and he finally got to meet our primary pediatrician, Dr. Bessom. I was really glad to have him there to meet her and to listen to all my questions and the answers and to just hear about the boys in general.

The big guys got great feedback! The doctor said that they are looking good and doing what they're supposed to be doing. She really didn't have any concerns. What a relief!

We got updated weights and lengths. I know I just posted some measurements from the pulmonologist from last week, but I don't think their scale was correct. The weights this week are significantly different from last week and I don't think the boys put on that much weight in one week. The weights we got yesterday seem a little more realistic. So, without further ado...

Stokes - 12.56 lb, 24.25"
Ryan - 12.09 lb, 23.75"
William - 14.78 lb, 24.25"

I don't put too much stock into the lengths because it can vary so much depending on who is taking the measurements and how straight they can get the baby's leg, etc. Want to hear some good news?!?!?! William is on the 6 month growth chart! Woo hoo!  He's the 7th percentile...so he's still little for 6 months, but the important thing is that he's on the chart. Stokes and Ryan have a great upward curve on their growth measurements but they aren't quite on the 6 month chart yet. I bet if we saw their measurements on the 3 month growth chart (their adjusted age) they would be rocking it out!

The appointment went well, we were pleased with how the boys acted and their weights and it felt great to leave without concerns.

On another note, the babies got the opportunity to spend some time with someone very special this past Saturday. My longtime friend, Corey, came by to see the little guys and it was so great to see her! She met the boys once before but this time she got to spend some good, quality time with them. Corey means so much to our family. She, her sister and her mom are like my second family. I love them all to pieces, as does Thomas! They are the kindest, most selfless, not to mention hilarious, people I know. Corey was in town for her sister, Beth's, wedding celebration party. Woo hoo!

I hope that the boys will grow up knowing Corey's daughters, Molly and Kate. They would be great friends and role models for the boys. Here are some pictures of our time together.

Corey holding Ryan

Corey and me with the boys (their hilarious onesies say Baby A, Baby B & Baby C...LOL! From my bestie, Colby)

Letting the boys interact with each other 


Corey with William and Ryan 

I want to give a shout out to Corey's friends in Charlotte that read this blog and pray for us. Corey is always telling me sweet things about y'all and I really appreciate your support! By the way, I've gotten some great clothes and baby gear from y'all...thank you! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ryan's little mischievous grin in the 4th pic from the bottom is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Love your blog and your boys are getting so big!! Can't believe they are 6 months already! Love the picture of Corey holding all three!

    ReplyDelete