Thursday, August 2, 2018

Let Freedom Ring! 7/4/18

Look at me - it's August now and I'm still blogging about early July. Oh boy!

4th of July was pretty great this year! We went to the pool for a few hours in the afternoon but the highlight of the 4th this year was the evening that we spent with our friends, the Browns.

I, of course, made the boys take some pictures on our front steps before we went to the celebration. Love these cute little Americans. They're my faves.

My red, white and blue cuties!

Family 4th pic!

Then we went to Ginny Lynn and Kevin's house. Their kids are right around our kids' ages and they live in our neighborhood. We're so glad to have friends that we love that live so close! And I'm going to have to hand it to them. Ginny Lynn and Kevin know how to host a get together! No detail has been left out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ginny Lynn is the responsible party organizer, but Kevin probably has a long "honey-do" list that he tackles in advance of these things. They are so fun!

Ginny Lynn and me

William, Mary Margaret, Grayson and Stokes
- they had a blast playing together -

William and Stokes with their handsome Daddy

Look at how cute all these kids are!
These little people will be life long friends. <3

Thomas playing a little soccer with Grayson
(he was reliving his glory days from high school ha!)

Going over the rules for sparklers

This was the Brown kids's first experience
with sparklers - such fun!

More sparklers!!!!

After it got dark, we sat down and watched
neighborhood fireworks! Loved the shows going on
all around us!

Someone was exhausted and fell asleep
on the way home. I'm not exaggerating when
I say that the drive home was probably less
than 2 minutes! LOL

We had such a great time! After we got home and put the boys to bed, Thomas and I saw out on our screened in porch and watched (and mostly heard) more fireworks. Gotta love it!

Happy Independence Day to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment