Friday, May 26, 2017

Proud

When dropping off/picking up from school, if I'm hanging out chatting with a teacher, it's not that unusual to hear the boys tap their friends on the shoulder and excitedly point to me and exclaim, "that's my mama!" It's like they are so proud to show me off and claim me as their own. And do you think that makes my heart swell?!?!? No doubt about it.

William just did it this morning when I was talking to his teacher. I was in a conversation, but in true mama fashion, I was multi-tasking and also paying attention to what else is going on around me, especially in regards to the boys. I heard him say that and couldn't help but to smile. I'm proud of you too, buddy.

On the way to school yesterday morning

I know a time will come when they won't want me to be within 50 feet of them when any of their friends and peers are around, so it makes these moments extra sweet. I really, really love and appreciate them.

It makes me feel honored to be their mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment