Friday, May 19, 2017

Eighth Anniversary

We celebrated our EIGHTH anniversary this week. It's been a fun eight years, that's for sure. The nice thing now is that Thomas and I have survived the last 3 years...and yes, survival is absolutely the right word for it...we have made it to a point that we can focus on US again. While our marriage didn't necessarily go totally on the "back burner", the kids were front and center of our lives. We finally feel like we have some breathing room to maintain focus on the boys, but also devote some time and energy to our marriage; that's time and energy we really didn't have before. So it's almost like we're dating again. I love it!

After my super sweet and awesome Mother's Day, we turned right around and got to celebrate again! Thomas and I both took the day off work and took the boys to school and had the wholeeeeeee dayyyyyy to ourselvesssssssss. Yes. Just yes.

Here's how the day went...after dropping off all the boys, we went downtown for our first meal of the day - breakfast or kind of brunch since it was probably inching toward 10 by the time we got there. We went to Biscuit Head. We'd never been there before and have been wanting to try it out!









The bloody marys were phenomenal, but I was only so-so on my biscuit with sausage gravy. The bacon was delish though. Next time I would probably go for the biscuit with jam from their jam bar vs. the gravy. Sorry, but when your family cooks the best gravy IN THE WORLD, a restaurant gravy just can't compete. I should have known this going in, but I slipped up and let the menu descriptions carry me away. I've learned my lesson (again). But I want to reiterate how much I loved my bloody. Seriously, SO GOOD. I will be back to Biscuit Head!

After breakfast/brunch we went downtown to Falls Park and walked around. It was so relaxing to just walk and talk...and people watch (my fave).









After we'd sufficiently walked around the park, we went up to Main Street and just walked and window shopped and sat down to do some more people watching. Ahhhh....

It was definitely starting to heat up though, and I got really thirsty, so we had to stop in at a bar for a cool down. Ink N Ivy was the perfect spot! I had about 5 glasses of water and 1 beer. Poor bartender!



After a little shopping, we popped into the Clemson Experience. I can't go by and not drop in if they're open. We got a few more pictures taken with some very awesome props!





By then, we'd been walking for a while and were still really hot so we walked back to the car and brainstormed about lunch options. We still weren't quite hungry after our big breakfast, but it was time and we love eating out since we don't go out really a whole lot, and we drove over to Willy Taco. It's another new-ish place that we hadn't tried yet and we've been wanting to!



We had some more bevs, some mediocre chips and salsa and some fantastic tacos there!

This coconut margarita hit the spot! It was yummy!





This was such a leisurely day, but after having a few drinks scattered throughout the day, and all the walking and the heat (did I mention it was in the 90's?!?!?!), I was feeling pooped! We went home and took a little nap, right in the middle of the day. I heart naps.

We picked up the boys early from school and got them home, bathed and fed and then had a babysitter come over so we could continue our fun anniversary day date. We were going to go to a restaurant that I have been really, really wanting to go to, but they don't take reservations so I was just planning to show up and hope they didn't have a long wait on a Tuesday night. Thankfully, before we left, I went to their website to make sure they were open, and found out that they're closed on Mon/Tues. BUMMER. But at least we didn't drive all the way out there to figure that out. Our evening plans were totally in the air, so we looked at the movie options. There wasn't anything that we've been dying to see, but I'd heard great things about the new Beauty and the Beast so we decided that we would go see that. Due to the playing times, we had a very small window of time for dinner, so we just went up to Arizona Steakhouse to get a few apps at the bar. We were in and out and our food was really, really good! We made it to the movies in plenty of time and definitely liked Beauty and the Beast.



We exchanged gifts earlier on in the day and both of us went with themes for the 8th anniversary! Thomas went with linen and got us some really nice new sheets. I went with the traditional plant and got us a clematis to plant at our mailbox - super exciting, huh?!?! I also got Thomas some new flip flops that he wanted. Ok, ok I didn't win coolest and most awesome gifts this time. I'm OK with that.

It was such a great day and we loved being able to spend a lot of time together without interruptions. Cheers to eight years and eighty more to go!

3 comments:

  1. Just catching up on the blog. Love this and love y'all! Such an amazing team and couple!!! Proud of y'all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the blog. Love this and love y'all! Such an amazing team and couple!!! Proud of y'all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite informative post on arranging this anniversary party. Few months ago, I arranged my sister’s wedding anniversary at a lovely Chicago event space. Invited all our family and friends for this event and enjoyed a lot with them.

    ReplyDelete