Monday, November 21, 2016

Messy laundry

I took pride in the fact that it hadn't ever happened to us. I was careful. I was cautious. I was (usually, kinda, somewhat) organized. And then it happened. And I still don't know how.

I mean, what in the world?!?!?!

A diaper made it into the washing machine and through the cycle. YUCK.

Aftermath of diaper in washing machine
You may not be able to see them very well,
but the clothes had tiny little bits of gel everywhere!

THIS STUFF.
ALL OVER THE PLACE.
:(

All of these little gel balls were everywhere in the washing machine. I wasn't sure what to do and turned to my good friend, Google, and found this blog! So that was helpful. It still took a while to get everything shaken out and then I took my vacuum attachment into the washing machine tub to get all the rest of the gel balls that weren't attached to the clothes. You live and you learn. I'm pretty sure this happens to most families and I'm actually a bit surprised that it took this long to happen to us. Hopefully that's the last time (and it helps that only one is still in diapers!).

Speaking of cleaning stuff, just in case you're wondering, I found a GREAT solution for fabric chair/couch cushions. Unfortunately, I know from experience how challenging that can be after an accident happens (darn you, potty training). I took to Google for that one, too, and found this blog: How to remove pee and urine from couch. This really works! Thank goodness!!!!

I hope that if you're ever in this situation, these 2 linked blog posts will help you with your clean up efforts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment