Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The third week

This is the third week of the boys being in school and everything seems to be going well! So far, we've had one sick day (Ryan) and a lot of snotty noses (which I'm told never really goes away from now on - yuck!). I think the boys really like school and seem to have a lot of fun there!

Every day in the car ride home, I keep asking them to tell me their friends's names and to tell me what they learned in school. Their reply: crickets.... We're going to keep working on the after-school question and answer time in the car!

The only minor hiccup we've had is drop-off. Everything started out really, really well. About halfway in to the first week, Stokes started crying during drop-off and would hang on to my or Thomas's leg. It was pitiful to see him crying and then having to walk out the door and leave him like that. Week two continued in the same fashion. By week three, he's still doing it some, but there was a day earlier this week that he didn't cry at all, or even seem to notice that we were leaving. It's definitely getting better each day! I know he's probably fine within a minute or two of us leaving, but it's still challenging to feel like you're turning your back on him while he's upset. William and Ryan, on the other hand, have had no issues and just jump right in as soon as we drop them off. We've got 3 little troopers!

Here are some of my favorite school pictures that we've gotten so far! You'll have to forgive the resolution...I pull them from an app on my phone so it's not the best picture quality but I love getting to see pictures and being able to check in on them throughout the day.

Stokes:

Fire hose on water day!

Rock climbing

Spaghetti play
His dirty diaper was green that evening...
I wonder why!!!!
Ryan:

We took his gait trainer to school and he gets a lot more
practice with it there than he did here. His friends at
school are pretty intrigued by it!

Fun on water day

Dressed up like a Dada

In a wagon with a bunch of friends helping to pull him

Such a sweet boy!!!

Handsome little guy :)

Music time!!!
William:

Fire hose on water day!

Coming down the slide

Playing with dinosaurs
Stokes and William together (they're in the same class so sometimes I get pictures of both of them):

Water day

Riding bikes

Playing with spaghetti

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they are loving school! The pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete