Saturday, June 4, 2016

Cruisin'

Enjoy this song while reading the post (it's a personal fave of mine!). This version is from the movie "Duets".


Ryan has been working a lot on cruising in his physical therapy appointments twice a week. His therapist, Ashley, will have him stand up holding on to a table and she will help him move his feet side to side one by one and he will move his hands accordingly to keep up with the direction in which he's moving. He seemed like he was doing a little better each time, but this is a skill that he's been working on for several months now.

We started noticing over the last week or so that he was moving - on his own - around the coffee table. I would stand him up there (by the way, he can stand on his own as long as he is holding on to something stable) at the coffee table in the living room while I was cooking dinner or doing laundry or something! After I was done or had a break in whatever task I was doing, I would look over and he would be still standing, but in a different spot than where I'd put him. I would make a mental note and then continue doing whatever it was and when I would look again, he's be in another spot! I knew he was cruising but never got to witness it firsthand. The same thing was happening with Layla this past week, where she knew he was cruising but didn't actually see it.

Yesterday we had a PT appointment with Ashley, and his EI April was there as well, and we all got to witness the "inch stone" of Ryan cruising with our own eyes. I took a few videos before my storage was full (blast!) and then Ashley took a few and sent them to me.

Behold!!! Ryan is CRUISING (and "I love it when we're cruisin' together"!!!)





3 comments:

  1. Yay, Ryan!!! We love you and and are so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNEW before i opened thispost that Huey Lewis would be making an appearance!

    ReplyDelete