Monday, April 25, 2016

Besties and babies - take 2

Two years later and we met up in Greenville again, this time with several extra additions!

Jacqui flew into town from New York, where's she's been living for the last year or so. She had her baby, Ben, on Leap Day (crazy, right?!?!) and this is her first trip back to SC since he's been born. She came to visit her family and I get to reap the benefits of this trip. I have been so excited to meet Ben since he was born. He was the tiniest little thing at birth and he's filling out quite nicely! He is absolutely adorable and I fell in love with him immediately. I got to hold him and love on him for a while on Saturday afternoon.

Benjamin James Gantt
He's beautiful and so so sweet!

Jacqui and Ben
She doesn't look like she just had a baby!

Since Jacqui was going to be in town, Diane drove down from Charlotte, and Nator drove up from Atlanta, with her little guy, Colton. Remember him? I hadn't seen him since last fall and he's grown so much! He's still such a cutie and a really happy baby! And by the way, he's big! He looks like he's almost as big as my boys and he's only 8 months old. Ha!

Colton - don't mind the drool. Boy's got some teeth coming in!

Diane didn't get to bring her kids because they had stuff going on in Charlotte, but we were bummed they couldn't come. I thought it would have been great fun to get all the kids together to play, but I'm sure she'll be back in town with Bobby and Grace sometime fairly soon.

Diane and William

Jacqui and Colt

Nator and Ben

William and Stokes meeting Ben

They love babies and William kept wanting to kiss Ben.
I let him kiss him on the hand. ;)

Colt and the boys playing

Nator with her baby

Colton and Ryan
 
Stokes eating chips and salsa -
As soon as he see chips, he will
start begging for some. When you give him
one, he immediately requests to "dip! dip!".
He didn't seem the mind the medium salsa!

Besties and babies!

Nator, Colton, me, Ryan, Jacqui, Stokes, William and Diane

Diane holding Ryan

Jacqui and Stokes

Ryan - ready for his dinner. Diane fed him his whole dinner! :)

Colton making everyone smile
We spent a few hours hanging out in the afternoon and Jacqui eventually took Ben home to stay with family so she could have some uninterrupted girl time. After we got my boys and Colt down for the night, us girls went out to dinner. Thomas was a big time trooper to stay at the house and make sure all the boys were OK. Luckily no one woke up on him so he could just chill. He even got a fire going in the fire pit so when we got home from dinner, it was ready for us to enjoy a relaxing night outside under the stars. We brought baby monitors out with extension cords and had fun talking.

I've been really lucky to get to see my best friends several times in the last few weeks. Not only that, but Thomas has been really, really fantastic to give me a little time to hang out with them. He's such a great dad and I appreciate his willingness to give me my girl time as often as he does! 

No comments:

Post a Comment