Sunday, March 9, 2014

Besties and babies

This weekend was pretty great for several reasons. One thing is that the weather was absolutely amaaaaaazing. It was mid-70s, sunny and had a gentle breeze. Perfection. Luckily I was able to get outside some. Another reason that the weekend rocked was that several of my best and oldest friends came into town to hang out. They came from Auburn, AL; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC and Charleston. Pretty cool that Greenville is right in the middle of all these places so they come to me. :)

Friday night was low-key. Thomas and I just took care of babies and hung out at home. We watched a movie and it was nice and uneventful.

On Saturday the fun with friends began. Thomas agreed to watch the babies so I could have some girl time with my best friends. He is such a terrific and caring father. It doesn't phase him at all to take care of all three boys. How many men do you know that can say that?!?! I don't worry about the triplets at all when they're with their dad. So the girls and I let up for pedicures starting at 10. It was nice and relaxing and a great opportunity to get some of our general catching up done. We had about 3 different conversations going on at any one time. Mayhem....but fun mayhem.


After our pedis, we ran over to Diane's house to meet her little girl, Grace. Grace and my boys coincidentally had the exact same due date. Thankfully Grace went full term and is now right around 3 months old. I hadn't met her yet and was so excited to see her. She is beautiful and looks just like her Mom. She was such a sweet baby. It's so fun to meet and see babies now that I have some and are no longer scared of them.

Colby, Jacqui & Grace, Diane, Nator and me 

After hanging out at Diane's for a little while, we had lunch at a great local restaurant, Chicora Alley. I know the owners and absolutely love eating there. The food is fantastic! We got a table outside and enjoyed lunch, margaritas, sunshine and laughter. We stayed for a while because it felt so good outside and we were just having a great time. I didn't get a picture of our lunch unfortunately. We were having too much fun to worry about pictures!

Then I came back home to relieve Thomas from baby duty and start working on dinner prep.  Shortly after, Jacqui and Nator (aka Steph) joined me. After getting the dinner stuff ready, we hung out with the babies. It was Nator's first time meeting them. We took them out on the deck under an umbrella so that we could soak in the sunshine and we could all get some fresh air.

The babies and me

Jacqui with Stokes

William was being a gentleman and holding the umbrella for us

Nator feeding Stokes. I was so proud of her...she was a pro!

Jacqui feeding William...just before he spit up on her! ;)

It didn't take long for the rest of the crew - Adam, Colby, Amy and Diane - to come on over. This group has been best friends for 16 years since we were sophomores in high school, and we added Nator a few years later while we were in college. My oldest friends are some of the people that know me best and are such an invaluable part of my life. We've been together and there for each other through dates, break-ups, spring breaks, heartbreaks, showers, bachelorette parties and weddings, babies, family loss, moves, job changes and just about everything in between.

Random note - Adam, my best guy friend ever, is a BBB triplet. He was one of the first people I called when we started spreading our baby news last spring. He and his brothers moved from the top spot of being my favorite triplets into second place when my babies made their appearance. Ha! I can't wait until I can get all three of them with my three boys. It will make for a super awesome triplet picture!

We ate dinner and spent the rest of the night talking and reminiscing. We had some guest visitors including Jon (one of Adam's brothers), Jacqui's mom, Colby's mom and my dad. I want to thank my best friends for coming to town, meeting my sweet boys and hanging out. My heart is so full. 

Overall the babies did great with everyone at the house. They were pretty laid back for most of the evening, but did get a little fussy when we were trying to eat. That's pretty typical for their "witching hour". Apart from that though they smiled, got passed around, posed for pictures with us and in general just acted cute! It was a lot of stimulation for them to have so many people around but it didn't bother them a bit. Everyone was remarking about what great babies they are. It made me feel so proud of my sweet little trio! 

Adam holding Ryan, Jon holding Stokes and Colby holding William

The whole gang! L to R: Jacqui, me & William, Amy & Stokes, Diane, Colby & Ryan, Adam and Nator
 
Saturday night/Sunday early morning was daylight savings time this year. I hate losing an hour of sleep on Spring Forward, but I love that it will stay light later. As you probably realize, we are on a fairly strict schedule at our house and weren't sure how to handle the time change. We ended up doing our night feed 30 minutes earlier than usual and the first morning feed 30 minutes late by the clock but 30 minutes earlier than what we were used to...if that makes any sense at all. Then we caught back up to the regular schedule by the second feeding of the day. Isn't it funny that we had to put some actual thought and planning into our schedule adjustment based in the time change? My, how things have changed since having kids!

Sunday turned out to be a low maintenance day. We just hung out at home and relaxed. We did go out to the hammock in our backyard with the little guys. We rocked them and allowed them to enjoy the great outdoors again. 

Stokes, Ryan and William on the hammock

The boys and me 

Thomas and I loved the weather so much that we fit in a late afternoon walk as well. The day seemed to go by really quickly. 

Sunday is still a bath night so the evening included triplet bathtime. We had our first "code brown" in the infant bathtub. I won't tell you who the culprit was, but his name starts with a W. It's pretty crazy how little you mind about that kind of stuff once you become a mom. I cleaned it up like a champ and didn't think twice about it. Thomas and I got a big laugh out of the whole situation.

I hope you had a great weekend, too!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST! It was awesome finally meeting the babies - they are adorable and so sweet. You & Thomas have done a fantastic job as parents! xoxo - Auntie Colbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite posts ever!! So happy you were reunited with your old gang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on the blog - Love this post since there are so many favs in there :) Definitely a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete