Saturday, April 23, 2016

Diamond Jelly

Ever heard of Diamond Jelly? No? Really? I didn't think so. But have you ever heard of Pearl Jam!?!?!?!?! I'm hilarious, I know. :)

Well, we were some of the fortunate people that got to see Pearl Jam when they came to Greenville last weekend. One word for this concert: EPIC. Those who know me well know that I really love Pearl Jam. They've been my jam (pun intended) since middle school. I still love those early 90's songs from the Ten and Vs. albums best and strayed a little when they put out some of their albums after those, but Pearl Jam is still tops in my book.

Thomas got me concert tickets for my birthday and I was so excited! The only downside was that I had to wait for months before it was time for the concert.

MaSha agreed to watch the boys for us so we could have a night out on the town. We had decided to grab dinner with our friends, Van and Stacey, before the show. The four of us ate at The Trappe Door for the first time. It was a really cool place! It definitely makes you feel very hipster - ha! There were lots of other people there that were going to the concert as well.

Van, Stacey, me and Thomas
We were able to walk from dinner to the venue, then snuck into the VIP entrance and found our seats. I was so excited for the show to begin. Let me just say - it did NOT disappoint! It's been a while since I listened to their music on the reg, but lots of the lyrics came back to me. Music has a way of capturing a period of time in your mind and I was seriously taken back to my bedroom in Dallas, where we lived during my middle school years, and it felt like it was yesterday.

Thomas and me - ready for the show to start!!!!

Eddie Vedder was always a crush of mine during my Pearl Jam obsession and let's just say that some things never change. HA!!!

Let's just talk about the set list for a second. PJ opened the show with "Corduroy" and then played Vs. In it's entirety. No, seriously. That really happened. It's safe to say that venues and fans all over the country were pretty jealous of what we got to witness and experience. Amazing.

Picture from @PearlJam 's Twitter. Thanks for this!!!
Eddie and friends played for over 3 hours. No opening act. No big theatrics. Just awesome music and a little commentary here and there. These dudes put on a phenomenal show. One of my favorite moments had to be when they played "Alive" and someone had a poster that said Alive Saved My Life, and Eddie went out into the audience and hugged that person. Ok, I'll admit it. I had a few tears at that moment. Here are a few pictures I snapped with my phone (it does not have the best camera) and a few that Thomas got (his are definitely better).






It's been a while since I had been to a concert. This one was awesome. And since I want to share some of the awesomeness with you, here's a little taste. You're welcome. (Videos courtesy of Thomas).







Thank you to MaSha for once again watching the boys for us. She's the best grandma and I so appreciate her willingness to let Thomas and me have date nights and fun with our friends on a fairly regular basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment