Friday, April 22, 2016

Seeing pink

We're seeing pink around here....through a pink eye! Yup, Stokes contracted conjunctivitis. GREAT. It actually hasn't been that bad, at least not while I've been home. When I was away in AZ last Friday morning, he apparently had quite an infection in his eye. Thomas was able to take him to the pediatrician on his day off from work that day and he got the little guy some antibiotics to clear up the pink eye, along with a mild ear infection. I swear, if anyone in our household ends up getting tubes in his ears, it will be Stokes. Regardless, this was a minor ear infection and the antibiotics are doing a great job cleaning up the pink eye, so I think we're back on track to perfect health...for now anyways. Since I got home from AZ last weekend, he woke up with a little gunk in his eye and it was red one morning, but that was all. 

We decided to keep Stokes out of the church nursery on Sunday, although he'd already been on antibiotics for several days and I doubt that it was still contagious. His brothers never even got it. But, I mean, we didn't want to freak out any of the other parents! So we brought him in to the service with us. Truth be told, I was a bit nervous about this. The few times we've taken him in to church with us, his brothers have been there as well, so we've had a bit more on our plate, but he and I would end up in the cry room, in the narthex or outside running around during most of the service. This past Sunday, however, this little guy was a saint (pun intended). He had MaSha's car keys to play with, along with her bracelets and her sunglasses and he colored with the pew pencil on the bulletin and for the most part was a well-behaved little man. He even went up and sat with Ms. Ann for the children's message (side note: I walked him up to the front and thought I could sit on the first pew and watch, but nope, I ended up having to sit with him up there to prevent any musical instruments that were set up in the front of the church from being destroyed and to keep him in one place so as not to distract the other kids.). Overall I was so proud of how well he did and how quiet he was for the most part during church. He even got a few comments from people sitting around us about how cute he was and he they loved watching him. The boys will outgrow the nursery later this summer when they turn 3 and will come in with us for the beginning of the service, then go up for the children's message and then have children's worship directly after that, but the point is that they will be in church with us, and on communion Sundays, they will stay for the whole service. It will be a transition for sure, but having Stokes do so well this past Sunday makes me feel a lot less nervous about having them in church with us. 

This whole church thing was such a tangent, but back to the pink eye. I tried to take a few pics of said eye before it got too much better. See, it's really not so bad, right? I know I missed the worst of it - oh darn. Ha! He's a cutie - that's for sure. 








1 comment:

  1. Geez! Fingers crossed that the dark cloud turns to sunshine real soon!! 😘

    ReplyDelete