Monday, March 7, 2016

Barber shop

We played "barber shop" at our house over the weekend. The boys were in desperate need of a hair cut and Thomas just comes out of the blue with, "Hey, I think I could cut their hair!"

I was too nervous to try myself because I didn't want to butcher their sweet locks, and have had exactly ZERO practice sessions of cutting hair. For goodness sake, I never even cut my Barbie's hair! Thomas was fearless though!

Out to the porch we went. I took some befores, durings and afters.

First up was Ryan. His mop was way overdue for a trim! He has such pretty hair - it's the most gorgeous color. It's mostly straight but will curl just a little every now and then.

Getting situated with Dada

What a cutie!

Handsome little thing

Having fun in the sunshine!


Snip snip

AFTER!
Then it was William's turn. William's hair is the most like his Dada's. It's super thick and curly/wavy. It grows very fast, too.

Before

Snip snip



AFTER - and it was very sunny!

So handsome!!
We had to go ahead and cut Stokes's hair, too, since his brothers got a trim. Stokes needed a haircut the least and his hair is mostly like mine - thin and grows slowly, but fortunately for him, it also has a little curl to it, whereas mine does not. Our experience so far is that he only needs to get his hair cut every other time his brothers go.

Before

Snip snip


AFTER - and doesn't he look so serious?!

Granted, their haircuts are not going to win any awards and I don't think anyone would look at them and say, "Man, what a great haircut!", but the pre-mullets are gone, and we avoided the Lloyd Christmas look. Well done, Thomas, well done.

Maybe we'll get a professional hair cut every other time, just to make sure we aren't going too far off the rails!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed!! They look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go, T!!! I think he did an awesome job. Those sure are handsome boys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete