Thursday, July 24, 2014

On the move

I've been excited about and dreading this day from the beginning. It's the mobile stage (insert horror movie music).

First he started sitting up.


Then he wanted to stand up....all the time. But he would hold onto my hands. Then I put him up against the ottoman and told him to hang on! The ottoman rocks back and forth, so it wasn't the best prop, but it worked...for a while.

Not too sure about this.
He's thinking: Mama, why are you over there when you should be holding me?!?!
He got the hang of it. Look how proud he is of himself!
Then he started pushing himself forward into a sort of tripod position. He would get stuck there. He didn't quite know what to do with his arms and legs to move! Finally, he figured it out and started to crawl! He's a baby on the move.

 




This is kind of what the tripod looked like, however,
now he can move out of this position.
 
Here's the progression of him crawling to me this morning.
 
Climbing on the Nap Nanny

He sees me and starts heading my way

Getting closer...

He has reached my knee

Climbing into my lap :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment