Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ode to Prince George and the royal family

Prince George turned one yesterday and this post will be dedicated to my favorite royals!!! Oooh, how I love my royals! I would go so far as to say that I am slightly obsessed with them. I'm a royal stalker. I love them so much that I try my best to compare my family to theirs. There are quite a few similarities between us. We're pretty much one in the same. So I've determined that we are (basically) royals, too. 

 Here are a few examples!

NUMBER ONE:
My little (prince) William looks a lot like Prince George! I think it has to do with the chubby cheeks.



Do you see the resemblance?

NUMBER TWO:
My beautiful cousin Meg looks very similar to the Duchess of Cambridge, aka Princess Kate, aka (formerly) Kate Middleton. How lucky am I to have such a gorgeous cousin?!?! She lives in New York City, which is glamorous on its own. ;)



NUMBER THREE:
Kate's name is Catherine Elizabeth. My name is Katharine Elizabeth. See? We're pretty much the same person.

NUMBER FOUR:
Prince William was born 3 days after Thomas. And Kate was born almost a month before me. Our birthdays are very close. They met in school and we met in school. They had a beautiful wedding and we had a beautiful wedding. They went on a tropical honeymoon (Seychelles), and we went on a tropical honeymoon (Jamaica). Do you see where I'm going with this post? The similarities just keep adding up. Clearly.

NUMBER FIVE:
I love Lorde's song, Royals. I just don't get tired of it. Ever.


NUMBER SIX:
All the babies are about the same age. Prince George was born one month and 3 days before my little guys.

I very clearly remember Prince George's birthday. On July 22, 2013 I went to my OB's office. While I was waiting in the lobby, I was watching TV coverage of the official birth announcement, which was going to be placed outside of Buckingham Palace. I remember wishing and hoping that Prince George would be a girl so that one of my boys could marry her and we could all be part of the royal family. Alas, he was/is a boy, but that's OK because my boys can end up being Prince George's best friend.

This sticks out in my mind so vividly because it was a significant day and time for me. I was feeling like something wasn't quite right with my pregnancy, so I called and went in on that day to get checked...just to make sure! It turns out I was already starting to dialate at 22 weeks. Today marks the one year date of when I went to the MFM doctor, realized I was contracting, and was admitted to the hospital to try to stop labor. The hospital became my home for the next 5 weeks until my babies were born on August 25.

Back to the topic of my babies being best friends with Prince George, I need to give a shout out to my fellow royals-loving best friend, Heather. She keeps me up to date if any royals news comes out and she passes along all the magazines she has that feature George, William and/or Kate. We share our love of the royal family and have so much fun pretending like Kate is our other BFF. I do really think that if she met us, she would totally want to be our BFF. I just know it! By the way, Heather and I were very disappointed that Will and Kate's US visit back in 2011 did not include a stop in Greenville, SC or even a visit to the East Coast at all. We were unable to meet and become instant friends with Kate. This time. Maybe we will meet our long lost best friend from across the pond on her next trip to the States. Side note: I can't believe it's been 3 years since they were here. It seems like that just happened. Where does the time go?

Don't we look like we would be the perfect friends for Princess Kate?
This is a rambling, scatter-brained post, but I want to say how much I love William, Kate and little Prince George. I think George is such an adorable little boy and wish him a very, very happy birthday. I look forward to watching him grow up and I admire their classy, beautiful family. xoxo
 
See, even our christening pictures look pretty much the exact same. Can't you see it?!?!?

 

3 comments:

  1. Best. Post. Ever! Hope our BFF reads it ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number Seven: your almost sister has a baby named Kate (clearly inspired by you) and she lives on Middleton Drive. Boom!

    ReplyDelete