Thursday, April 17, 2014

Playdate

My friend, Diane, lives in Charlotte but came to town to see her parents this week. Yesterday she offered to come over to visit. YES! I love it when people come to me so I don't have to either take the boys somewhere (so hard!) or wait for Thomas to get home so I can leave the house. Diane asked if she could bring Grace, her 4 month old, with her. I am so tired of being the germ police and figured we're far enough into spring and said yes. The full term due date for the boys was the exact same day as Grace's due date. Crazy!  Plus, the boys have to meet the future bride for one of them at some point, right? We used to tailgate every football season with Diane and her husband, Justin, but obviously didn't do the usual tailgate/football season last fall. We were joking that we are going to have an epic Peery/Wilkes tailgate one of these years! Especially when two of our kids are dating, engaged and eventually married. Is it weird to do arranged marriages in America in this day and age? :)




Diane came over to visit again this morning before leaving town and this time, Amy and baby Cole came, too! Grace was surrounded by her male suitors. It was a total baby fest and so much fun! The mamas had a good time catching up and chatting and the babies definitely had fun "playing" together. They actually really didn't pay much attention to each other but it was seriously cute! Cole was born 2 weeks after the boys and he is such a big boy! The triplets share "ages" with both Cole and Grace. My babies and Cole share an actual age and they share an adjusted age with Grace. Pretty cool.

Warning for the pictures below - cuteness overload!

So many babies!!! L to R: William, Grace, Ryan, Cole & Stokes




Amy had to leave to get her little girl from her mom's house and Diane stayed a few minutes and I got some mama/baby pictures.
Diane and Grace

Stokes and me

Ryan and me

William and me
Diane took a few candid pictures when I was holding William. :)


The first official playdates for the babies were successful. I'm sure we'll have many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment