Sunday, April 6, 2014

My big accomplishment

Thomas was out of town last week on a business trip. That means I was taking care of the babies...by myself! On his previous work trips I have asked a family member to stay with me to help out, but this time I wanted to do it on my own. I wanted to prove to myself that I can hack it! Mission accomplished.

I can't truly claim that I was all by myself because a few sweet friends came over. Thomas left on Tuesday and that night my friend Heather brought dinner and helped me with the boys. She even helped me give them baths!

Heather feeding William


Holding all 3

Wednesday night I got to hang out with Pressly. She volunteered to come over and bring dinner since she knew Thomas was going to be traveling. I so enjoyed chatting with her and catching up.

Holding Ryan

Holding Stokes and Ryan
 
Great friends! I think I needed a little adult interaction! 

On Thursday my Dad dropped by for a few minutes while the babies were napping and washed some bottles for me. That evening I did bath time on my own for the second time ever. It went pretty well. I like knowing that I'm not totally dependent on other people for everything.

Friday afternoon I took all three babies to an appointment all by myself. It was during a feeding and that threw me for a little loop. I was trying to feed them while we were waiting and it was not as easy there than when I'm not at home in my comfort zone with my Boppys and other conveniences that we use daily. They were also crying a good bit, which is unusual for them. The whole experience wasn't great. I was feeling a little stressed out. I think they could probably sense that, which didn't help with their moods and fussiness. That said, we survived and made it work, however, I am not dying to do that again anytime soon. ;)

Appointment updates!!!!
Stokes - 14 lbs, 8 oz; 25.13 inches long
Ryan - 14 lbs, 7 oz; 25 inches long
William - 17 lbs, 8 oz; 25.25 inches long

As you can see, William has really started packing on the pounds. He is significantly heavier than his brothers and it's obvious when you hold him and then hold one of the others. We used to tease him that he was the smallest at birth and needed to catch up to his brothers and he took it to heart! All three are gaining weight and are in the range of where they should be.

I made it through the week and Thomas came back on Friday night. I was more than ready for him to get home. I missed him a lot and was pretty much exhausted from being 100% on baby duty for 4 days. His absence made me really appreciate all the things he does to help me out when he's here. He's an amazing father and a sweet and wonderful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment