Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I get so emotional, baby!

These books. Whew. These books make me cry each and every time I read them to the boys. That Nancy Tillman is a creative genius.


On the Night You Were Born

Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You
Each night before putting the triplets to bed we read them a bedtime story.  I know as soon as I pick up either of these books that I will be crying by the end. They just get to me. Each story is so sweet and absolutely beautifully written and illustrated. Each and every word rings so true and has a path straight to the strings that tug on my heart. By the end of the book I'm all choked up and trying to just get the last few words out. The boys don't know what I'm saying yet but they probably know that their mom is a hot mess struggling to get through the end of the book and hopefully they know and feel how very much they are loved.

Even though I've warned you that they make me cry and they very well may make you cry as well, I would really highly recommend both of them. If you don't have them, buy them. If you have them but haven't read them yet, do it. You will be glad you did. That's all.

P.S. Did the title of this post make you start singing Whitney Houston's "So Emotional" in your head when you read it? If it wasn't already in your head, it probably is now! When I was trying to come up with a name for the post, that song popped into my head and it's a good one. Ain't it shocking what love can do?!?! If you want to reminisce and listen, here you go! Love me some Whitney. Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. The "Wherever You Are" gets me every time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me MONTHS to get through "On the Night You Were Born". I mean seriously months. I would ugly cry every time I read it, which was almost every night. But really they are fabulous books. PS- I'm Chris Brewer's wife and follow your blog because I know raising 1 baby is hard, so I am beyond interested to watch you raise 3. You do a fabulous job by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't make it through "Love you forever". Gets me every time! Love your new blog look!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the way your blog looks, too! Reading your blog has made me start using my good camera vs my camera phone because your pictures are so good! And I love the header with laundry room pics lol! Too cute.

      Delete
  4. I don't have these books...think they would be good graduation gifts to Morgan?? I'm trying to come up with special things to give her that she can keep forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would be awesome graduation gifts and then she can read them to her babies someday (in the distant future!). Go by Barnes & Noble and read them and let me know what you think.

      Delete