Thursday, May 7, 2015

Prayers

"Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day." I Kings 8:28

Today is the National Day of Prayer. The purpose of this day is to pray for our nation. I love this:
It stands as a call for us to humbly come before God, seeking His guidance for our leaders and His grace upon us as a people.
I got that from the National Day of Prayer website

As Thomas and I become more involved in our church, prayer has become a vital part of my daily life. I used say in passing, "I will pray for you", and didn't always do it. Now I make a point to actually say a prayer, albeit maybe a quick one, each time I promise to do so. Today is a good reminder for all of us to take some time to pray. Not only that, but to pray specifically for the USA, the best country in the world. It's easy to get caught up in our own needs and worries and pray only for those people in our inner circles and for ourselves. I love that we are all invited to pray for something we take for granted. I promise you this, if you go to some 3rd world countries, or even some countries that are just less fortunate than us, you will never be as glad to be an American. I appreciate how lucky I was to be born here and I am glad and joyful to be able to pray for this great land. 

Need some help? Check out this page on the website called, How to Pray for America. Don't worry, I'll be using it as well!

And hey, guess what...there's no time limit on your prayers. There is no rule in place for how and what to pray about. You better believe that while I'm praying for our nation, I will add in prayers for my boys, my family, my friends and others that I pray specifically for every day. I invite you to do the same. Prayers are powerful. 

May God's peace be with you - today and everyday. 

1 comment: