Monday, May 18, 2015

6th Anniversary Celebration

This weekend was epic. It was action-packed and a lot of fun! I'll do a weekend blog post soon that covers everything. But this post will focus on our anniversary. Our sixth anniversary was on Saturday, but we had too much going on over the weekend and decided to celebrate on Friday instead. 

In the car to start our big day!
Both Thomas and I took the day off work so we had a whole day to ourselves! It was great. Thomas planned the day out and surprised me. We were going to eat breakfast at Tupelo Honey (where we ate for our anniversary last year), but it was closed - they don't open until lunchtime during the week. So we went to Sully's Steamers instead. I had heard about it...and heard it was great...but hadn't been yet and wanted to go. The rumors were right. It was SO GOOD. I LOVED it. I was actually trying to convince the owner to open up another one on our side of town. We don't have a great bagel in our area and don't get downtown all that often. I would seriously eat their food at least once a week!
 


My breakfast - the California Steamin' bagel

Thomas's breakfast - the El Camino bagel
After breakfast we just took a leisurely stroll through downtown and Falls Park. I love my town. I took plenty of pictures! It's just so pretty!


















As we walked across Liberty Bridge, Thomas did a little reenactment of our proposal seven years ago. I may or may not have had a bit to do with this little reenactment. ;)
 

The water in some of the fountains was purple...
Furman graduation maybe?!?!
After our walk through the park, we stopped by Moe Joe's on Main Street. I had been in there once before and knew that it was a like a mullet - business in the front, party in the back. The front is a coffee shop and the back is a bar and even has a small stage for live music. Thomas and I headed for the back and ordered bloody marys. :)




Cheers!
Then Thomas had made a spa appointment for me to get a facial! YAY for spas!!!


After my facial, it was time for lunch, so we ran by the Yard House for a bite and a beer.





Crunchy Ahi salad - so delicious!

Turkey sandwich, I think???


Lunch was great - I love alfresco dining - but the fun of the day wasn't over year. We then headed out near the interstate to Brewery 85. I'd never heard of it but Thomas had heard some good things so we had to check it out!




We each ordered a flight. I love it that they serve the flights on these boards shaped like the state of South Carolina!

This one was mine...

...and here was Thomas's.
The people in there were really friendly and we met each of the 3 owners.

Thomas and me with Jeremy, an owner
Then we got a tour of the brewery with another one of the owners, Will.


These were named after Ninja Turtles LOL

Will doing a great job on the tour



Brewery 85 was so much fun! The beer was great, we got the tour, we met several people and just had a blast. We will be back. Oh yes, we will be back.

We ran home to check in with the little guys. Layla was there during the day with them and then MaSha came over to relieve Layla at the end of the day. She was in the middle of feeding them dinner when we came home.

Stokes and William

Ryan getting his bottle

Cutie boy - Stokes
Thomas and I did a quick change and headed out to dinner. Thomas had never been to Augusta Grill and I hadn't been in years!


My dinner

Thomas's dinner

Cheers to us!

Delicious dessert - it was to die for!
Friday was an awesome anniversary celebration. We had the best day! Saturday morning, Thomas's anniversary gift arrived....drum roll...Adirondack chairs! We had a patio put in a few months back but didn't have any chairs or furniture for it yet so I figured this was the perfect opportunity. And, unbeknownst to me, the traditional gift for the 6th anniversary is wood. No kidding - I had no idea but that worked out perfectly! I think Thomas likes his new chairs. :)


It was a fun day and led into a great weekend. Happy anniversary to us! Here's to many more years of love and laughs!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! What an awesome day, with lots of great surprises! Love y'all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect day! Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both enjoyed a lot together!! Wedding anniversary is really special occasion for the couples. You know my wife had organized a private party at some domestic venues for events. There we spent really great time!

    ReplyDelete