Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sunday Funday and DST

As a continuation of our awesome weekend including our perfect forecast, here's our Sunday recap.

Let me start out by saying....thank you, Daylight Savings, for costing me a small amount of time to "sleep in". Let's just talk about this for a minute. I love that it's light out later in the evening and all, but why do we have to change the time?!? It's so weird. Anyway, here's our Daylight Savings Time story.

Thomas and I sometimes take turns to sleep in. On a typical day, we both get up at 6:30. I immediately hop in the shower and get myself ready while Thomas goes downstairs to feed the dogs and let them out, make milk cups for the boys and do any little chores that need to be done in the kitchen. After those things are accomplished, I go in to the nursery at 7:30 (and not a minute earlier! haha) and change diapers and give everyone their milk while Thomas takes a shower and gets ready. On some weekends, we decide to take turns sleeping in. For example, on Saturday I will get up at my regular time or a little early and take a quick shower and take care of the dogs, make the milk cups, etc and get the boys out of bed while Thomas sleeps until 8 or 8:30 (a real luxury with little ones!) and then we switch places on Sunday. That was the plan this weekend and Saturday went out without a hitch and Thomas got a few extra hours of glorious sleep.

Then comes Sunday, aka my sleep in day. It took me a few minutes of groggy, half asleep thinking to realize that it actually was Daylight Savings time and when I thought it was 7:00 and was planning to nudge Thomas and roll my sleepy head over, it was actually 8:00 and we were already behind schedule! Yikes! Thomas and I both hopped up and got rolling. The boys were sleeping away - no issues there - but we had plans for church and needed to get back on schedule pronto. We quickly got ready and got the milk ready and went into the nursery around 8:15 real time and proceeded with breakfast at 9:00 (vs. typical breakfast time at 8:30). After breakfast, we had to get them upstairs, change diapers, get them dressed and ready for church. And they looked SO CUTE that I had to take a few minutes to take some pictures of them before we left for church.

We also made it to church pretty much on time. This was an important service for us because MaSha was officially becoming a member of our congregation. I wanted the boys to dress us a little extra for the occasion. It doesn't really matter what they wear to church since they go to the nursery anyway, but I try to usually put them in button down shirts and either corduroy pants or khakis. This Sunday, however, we pulled our a set of their bow ties and a button down shirt that I actually had to (gasp) IRON! They looked super adorable. Southern gentlemen through and through. Check them out.





Sweet boy chilling on the couch before church


After church I set them up in our front yard to take a few more pictures and to give us an excuse to just be out in the sunshine and warmth for a few precious minutes. It was such an absolutely gorgeous day!



After lunch and their afternoon nap, we wanted more fresh air and decided to take the boys out in their choo choo wagon and let them watch as we gave the dogs a bath in our driveway.









Then to continue with Sunday Funday (I know, I know, the excitement is almost too much to handle!), we gave Stokes and William spoons and bowls of mashed potatoes to try to learn how to eat with utensils for the first time. This included lots of laughs and not a whole lot of actual food on a spoon ending up in a mouth.




They gave up and just started trying to eat the food straight out of the bowl

Notice the potatoes ended up on his tray :)






Apart from the rough start Daylight Savings put on us, the rest went off smoothly. They slept well during naptime and went to bed at the regular time. Monday morning was darker than usual and I had to wake them up at 7:30 AM. Now we're pretty much back on track. 

1 comment:

  1. Love those church outfits!! The Thomas boys have bow ties ready for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete