Wednesday, April 17, 2019

CFA Play date

The boys have several "best friends" in their class, but Solomon has been consistently in the upper echelon of friendships for William, in particular. William basically begged me to set up a play date but I didn't really know his mom and we aren't there at pick up and drop off at the same time. When I finally saw Solomon's mom at a pick up one day, I mentioned it to her and told her I'd connect on Facebook to set something up. Well, the problem then was that I couldn't find her on Facebook. She even mentioned that she wasn't on much...and my search was turning up nothing. Then I found a random text where I'd RSVPed to Solomon's birthday party in the past...yes, this was along the lines of stalking...but a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do...and we were able to make plans! Our first play date was going to be a Sunday afternoon park play date (weather permitting) but William ended up getting an unexplained fever so I had to cancel to prevent passing along any sort of illness. We were able to reschedule for a Friday night Chick Fil A date.

When we got there, the boys were so incredibly excited they almost couldn't take it. They couldn't stop talking or sit still or eat much. Between all the burping, laughing, calling each other "old grandma" and carrying on, we couldn't hear ourselves think! Charity and I tried to make them eat a little before they could play but eventually there was no use. The excitement of a play date with Solomon and his brother, Nathan, was just too much! We let them all go into the playground and {finally} got to just talk and get to know each other better. The boys played and played and played. They all got along really well and did not want the play date to end! They were asking if Solomon could come home with us after CFA. Being that it was getting late at that point, I had to decline, but I have a feeling that there will be more play dates in our futures. They are such a sweet family!

Trying to make them eat a little

Nathan (Solomon's brother), William, Solomon and Stokes

Cute friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment