Monday, February 19, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

This year's Valentine's Day was one of my most favorites! It was just such a great day all around and filled with so much love in our home.*

The day started off with a special VDay breakast - heart shaped pancakes (totally free style so they were "interesting" hearts) and candlelight. I love a candlelit breakfast and got the idea from a coworker of mine that did this with her family every single morning. Like every one - school days, weekends, holidays - all of them. I envy her on that!



We got them dressed and had them all matching in their adorable, super soft Loggerhead Apparel shirts and shot a few quick pictures. Didn't have time to get the perfect picture. That's my life.

Here are several....




Then we took the boys to school where they had a good day and exchanged Valentine's with their classmates.

That evening we had a delicious steak dinner that Thomas grilled us from The New York Butcher Shoppe (a fave!) and had a glow stick dance party. We turned off the lights, activated the glow sticks, turned on music and danced. It was so fun! The boys loved it and it made my night. I think I smell a tradition coming on. We even took the glow sticks up to the bath and turned off the bathroom lights to have a glow bath - so cool and so fun!

Homemade chocolate covered strawberries







Here's a little video capturing my sweet boys and their cute voices and funny laughs. I will treasure this video always. 



Here's last year's Valentine's Day post, which contains links of previous year's posts as well.

*I'm not even going to go there with the school shooting. I can't. It breaks my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment