Sunday, February 8, 2015

Super Bowl and a super scrape

This post begins last Sunday during the Super Bowl. We didn't really have big plans and invited our friends Stephanie and Clark to come over and watch with us. We also had MaSha over and Suzy came from Knoxville to help out through the week (more on that later). Not sure if you can tell, but we were cheering for the Seattle Seahawks. Shout out to former Clemson tiger, Byron Maxwell, a member of the "Legion of Boom". I put the boys in blue and green to cheer on the team. It didn't work. That's OK, we still enjoyed the night!
 
Stephanie and William

Clark with Stokes and William

I love this one - Steph playing with Ryan and then Clark
and the other two in the background

MaSha and Stokie

Clark with Ryan

MaSha holding Ryan

Stokie and Aunt Suzy

Thomas and William

Boy corner!

Family pic!
Steph and Clark are wonderful friends and are going to make such awesome parents! :)

As always MaSha was helpful and so sweet. Aunt Suzy came into town to help out with the boys. You may remember Aunt Suzy from this post. See, I had to travel for work on Monday - Friday all the way out to Long Beach, CA. That's a long time to be gone and we realized that Suzy hadn't seen the boys since last July and thought it would be awesome if she was willing and able to come stay with all my guys while I was gone. Thomas sure did appreciate the help and I felt good knowing that he and Layla had several extra sets of hands to take care of the little ones.

So that brings us to this weekend! Saturday was my birthday and I just loved spending time with my family. The weather was beautiful and we got the boys outside for a little while. So while we were outside, we let Stokes roam free and were hoping that he would hang out in the grass. Well...he face planted in the driveway. PLG! I mean, he went face first straight into the pavement. Not good. He actually didn't cry very long, but has a red, scraped up nose to show for it. I didn't get any pictures of it yesterday, but he was our little Rudolph with his red nose. Here's what it looks like as of tonight.



Look at him! Bless his heart! I'm sure it's the first of many scrapes and scabs, but it still makes me sad.

Apart from Stokes's close encounter with the driveway, it was a great weekend. Thomas and I went out to dinner at Anita's, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, for my birthday while MaSha came over and watched the boys for us. She fed them dinner and got them to bed so we could have a date night. Thank you, MaSha!!

She also brought balloons for my birthday and they were a big hit! The boys loved playing with them! Check this out...

Balloon Fun!








Sunday we went to church and then spent some more time outside!!! We avoided the driveway this time and stayed in the grass.
Thomas and his boys

He's so happy!

Stokes was very hesitant to walk
in the grass!!

He literally just stood there and was
scared to walk. LOL


Ryan was chillin!

MaSha came over and was encouraging the walking


Thomas and William

William and me

Stokes and me

Weekend bonus!!! I got to meet my newest little love, Caroline Parker Young! She was born last Friday, Jan. 30th and I didn't get to meet her last weekend since I was battling a cold and then spent the whole week in CA. I was so ready to see this sweet girl and snuggle!!! Her Mama and Daddy are doing great and I'm so proud of them and excited for this journey to begin for them.

Newborn baby Caroline and her
"Auntie Katie" :)

She's so sweet!

Sweet Caroline

This gorgeous lady is her Mama

And here she is snuggling with her Daddy!
Wishing you lots of snuggles with your family and loved ones! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Lots of goodness in this post! Thank you for coming to see us and love on our girl!!! We love y'all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete