Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Storm 2015

I was starting to wonder if it was going to happen this year and it finally did. We got an ice storm (notice I said ICE and not snow). In typical Greenville fashion, pretty much everything is shut down, people are working from home, the news is telling us not to leave our houses and it suits me just fine! Our nanny Layla was able to make it here this morning and has been watching the boys so I can work, so it feels like a standard day...except that we got to do this right after lunch!

Put hats and gear on to go play! I use the term "gear" lightly. We have hats and jackets and tennis shoes. No ski bibs, no sleds, no teeny little gloves/mittens. I am very impressed with the other littles I've seen on Instagram and Facebook with the full shebang when it comes to snow attire, especially considering we may or may not get any snow at all so there's only a chance that the kid(s) can wear all this stuff one time. I do not get that good parent always prepared for any type of weather award. But that's OK. We'll live. I also use the term "play" lightly as we spent all of 5 minutes outside before coming back in. It literally took more time to get them ready to go outside than we actually spent outside. But hey, I got my ice storm pictures so I'm happy. :)
 
Stokes with his furry hat

William bundled up


He's not sure what to think

Stokes and William

It was cracking me up. They just stood in place!


Stokes checking out the ice


I took them outside in waves. Stokes and William first, while Ryan looked on from the comfort and warmth of inside the house. Please check out that big boy practicing standing and bearing weight on his legs and feet!!!

Layla and Ryan watching the fun


Still in the same place - he wouldn't move

Both boys had soaking wet khaki pants after just a few minutes
outside and a few falls to the ground.
 Then it was Ryan's turn!

Bundled up and ready to go
Hanging out in his Bumbo outside in the ice

He can sit on his own now, but I knew that he would be
so wet and cold, so we used the Bumbo instead!


This look says, "Mom, I'm cold. Why are you making me
sit out here so you can take pictures?!"


He was looking all around!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad the boys enjoyed the ice as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'm glad the boys enjoyed the ice as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete