Thursday, December 4, 2014

Hi ho, hi ho....

...it's back to work I go.

Part of the reason that I haven't been blogging quite as much lately is because we've had a lot going on at our house. One of those things is a major change for me. I've decided to go back to work.

I wasn't looking for a job and was content being at home with the boys, but someone reached out to me about a possible position at a company I was familiar with. I initially wasn't interested, but after giving it some thought, I decided I should hear some of the details about the position. What could it hurt just to learn a little bit about it?!?! I ended up having a phone call with my new boss and we discussed the role. I talked to Thomas about it and did a lot of praying and decided that I should take it. I still don't know if I made the right decision, but I think I need to give it a shot. I've realized that this job pretty much fell into my lap and if I didn't take it, I might always think back and wonder if I should have. It was also a good offer for me. I will be working from home and the position offers a lot of flexibility, which was very important to me. We decided to hire and nanny and immediately began the nanny search as soon as I accepted the job. I'm hopeful that I won't miss out on my boys' big milestones and I'm glad that I will be at home and can check in on them if/when needed.

I'm nervous about getting back into the corporate world and back to a full-time job. You may remember how I struggled with being a Stay At Home Mom from this post, but over time I got comfortable with that role and now it's changing. I hate change, but it's inevitable.

I start my new job on Monday. Initially it felt like my start date was a long time away and now it has crept up on me and is right around the corner. I'm not sure if I'm ready, but I don't know if I will ever be 100% ready. Wish me luck!

p.s. I'll introduce you to our nanny soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Katie. What a perfect opportunity and you don't have to leave home!

    ReplyDelete