Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Well, it's Halloween. Or as we like to call it this year, Hallo-bee-n! So punny. Here are a few more little jokies for you.

Don't worry, bee happy!
What's the buzz?
Hive five!
None of my beeswax? Ouch, that stings.
Everyone needs to bee-hive themselves.
That joke is a-pollen.
Honey, comb your hair before leaving this house.
 
Ok, ok, enough with the bee jokes. Let's bee-gin with the post. Ok, that's all. I promise I'll bee-have! I'm seriously done now.




Before it was costume time, I put the boys in their most Halloween-ish outfits...and tried to get a picture. Y'all, it's getting harder and harder to get a picture of all three of them. Stokes would not sit still and then William wanted to grab the camera. Here is what I could get.





Ryan


Such a happy little fella!
William 

Not impressed


 
Stokes

I seriously could not get one single decent picture of him!



As for costumes, we had 5 Peerys in a beehive this year - our 3 little bumblebees, a queen bee and the bee keeper. Creative genius award goes to Thomas for coming up with our fun theme. Props to him! I loved it and loved being the Queen Bee! ;)

We stopped by MaSha's to start off the Halloween festivities. By the way, MaSha moved to Greenville yesterday! Yayyyy! We're all so glad to have her here with us. We went by there to see her new house and visit with her and Aunt Jane.

The Queen Bee and her bumblebees

I love my sweet boys!
Please notice how well the crown fit me....NOT. It was a child's crown I scored at Wal-Mart for $3. Sweet.

From MaSha's house, we headed up to Thomas's office, where they do a big Halloween day and trick-or-treating. We got to see a lot of Thomas's coworkers and my former coworkers and had so much fun! They know how to do Halloween right!!!

The beekeeper and Ryan-bee

The beekeeper and William-bee

Stokes-bee, Allison, Anna and William-bee

Sweet little Ryan-bee

A swarm of bees!

Ryan-bee and Shea (aka SuperBride!)
Yes, my girl Shea just got ENGAGED! Woo hoo!

Stephanie (aka WonderWoman) with
Stokes-bee and William-bee

Brenda and Ryan-bee

Pressly and Clementine
Right after we left the office, we came to our neighborhood hot dog supper and costume contest. I had all 3 boys by myself for a few minutes before Thomas got there and had my hands completely full (and then some) so I didn't really take any pictures. Bummer.

The ONLY pic I got at the
neighborhood shin-dig
Afterwards, we came back home and attempted to take a few pictures before taking the boys inside for the night.

Stokes-bee and William-bee hanging out in the
choo choo wagon

Queen bee and Ryan-bee
Ok, I hope you find this half as funny as I did. I was trying so hard to get a picture of all 3 boys dressed up, sitting next to the jack-o-lantern. No luck. Here's a few examples of what we were working with. 











We gave up. Clearly, that picture was NOT happening. So we did parent/kiddo pictures instead! Thomas was starting to get stressed because it was past time for the boys to eat and they were hungry and moving around a lot and the trick-or-treaters were starting to come around and I was insisting on taking pictures. I actually found it all a bit funny. He wasn't amused but posed for my pictures anyway. Don't worry, I know he'll thank me later. ;)







After pictures, Thomas got the fire pit set up in the driveway and had the candy out there with him. He took care of all the trick-or-treaters while I fed the boys dinner, gave them their nighttime bottle and put them to bed. After I got everyone to bed, I joined him outside for an adult beverage and a fire on a chilly night. Pretty good stuff.

Next year we may be able to take the boys trick-or-treating, which would be so fun! If you have any good costume theme ideas for us to try, leave me a comment! The bar has been set pretty high.
 
Happy Halloween, everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment