Saturday, January 25, 2014

5 Months Old

Today is the trio's 5 month birthday! Five months is their actual age; their adjusted age is 2 months. When I refer to "adjusted age" I mean how old they would be now if they were born full term on November 24, 2013. They were almost exactly 3 months early.

They have come a long way in these last 5 months and we have witnessed some miraculous and incredible changes. I feel like in the last 3 months since they've been home their growth and development has been going at the speed of light. We are so thankful for our beautiful, sweet, and amazing triplet babies.

Over the last month, Stokes has really started smiling a lot. Every now and then we can get a smile out of William as well but he doesn't give them out quite as freely as Stokes does. Seeing my babies smile is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can't wait for Ryan to crack a smile and I hope it will be any day now!

By the way, we went for another eye appointment yesterday and...drumroll, please...Ryan has two mature eyes!!!! Hallelujah! All 3 of my boys have mature eyes, which means that they are no longer at risk for blindness due to retina detachment. Whoop whoop! This does not necessarily mean they have perfect vision. They are still at risk for lazy eye, astigmatism, nearsightedness, etc. due to prematurity, but this news is another hurdle over which they have passed. We don't have to go back to the eye doctor until the boys are a year old. 

Here are a few pictures of the 3 Peerys (that used to be in a pod) at 5 months old. Of course they were not in the mood to smile when I had my camera out.

Ryan



William



Stokes



Boppy tummy time makes them tired :)



Stokes is happy when his dad is playing with him


Our 3 little farmers - after we took their official 5 month picture with their elephant, we put them in these cute overalls



I don't have a smiley picture of William just yet, but here's one of Stokes taken a few days ago

Happy 5 month birthday, babies!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment