Friday, August 18, 2017

Impromptu pool time

As the summer draws to a close and the looming Labor Day/pool closing date approaches, we realized that we need to try to get in as much pool time as we can. In case you haven't noticed from previous posts, the boys are BIG FANS of the pool. I think it's awesome for them to be playing and swimming and expending lots of energy in such a fun and useful way. I also want them to get as much practice swimming as they can before the pool closes because it will be a long winter and spring until Memorial Day, when the pool opens back up. I don't want them to forget what they've learned this summer from a swimming stand point. The more comfortable they get in the water, the more comfortable I'll feel letting them swim. It's pretty much a win-win.

Since Thomas and I both work full-time, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of time in the evenings between school pick-up and bed time, however, this past Tuesday, we decided to go to the pool on a whim. Like I said, with the closing date drawing in on us, we're more cognizant of our pool time and want to maximize when we can!

I called Thomas on the my way to pick up the boys after school/work to make sure he was on-board, which he was, and set the plan in action. They boys were so pumped when I told them where we were going! Surprise!!!! We got home, got changed, packed a quick picnic dinner, and headed out. The boys ate their dinner at a little picnic table at the pool and then it was swim time! They had so much fun splashing and playing.

We will try to get several more pool trips in before it closes in a few weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment