Thursday, March 7, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019

Ahhh...Valentine's Day. It comes around every year and always leaves a lot of candy in its wake. I do NOT go overboard for Valentine's Day. I don't really do much for the kids and am not a Pinterest-mom with the Valentine's I send in for school for the boys. I just don't buy into it all that much. Love though? Yes, I love love. I buy into LOVE. Extra hugs and kisses on Valentine's Day? Yes! More "I love you"s? Yes! Some small token of affection? Well...OK.

This is what I got the boys. LOL
Hand-drawn card with Gatorade for S & W and red juice
for R. Real fancy.
They got cards from their Nana and a package from their Aunt!

We try to dress the part for Valentine's Day with red or pink or something. We had red shirts this year! <3

Stokes, Ryan and William before school

Smooches!
I laughed so hard at Ryan's expression!

The boys had fun at school and enjoyed their parties in their classes.

It's a bit clique, but Thomas and I actually had a real, actual date on Valentine's Day. We usually don't go out on Valentine's Day; we just avoid all the hoopla and go out on a date sometime around then. This Valentine's Day, however, we had a reason to go out. Luke Combs was in town and had a concert at The Well. Thomas and I loooooooove Luke Combs and we ordered tickets and got dinner reservations. MaSha babysat the boys for us to go out on our date! Side note: we did not exchange any gifts. The date was our gift to each other. Haha!

Pre-date picture
Ready to hit the town

We had a delicious dinner at Sushi Go
We'd never been to Sushi Go but have some friends that go there on a weekly basis and rave about how awesome it is. We decided to try it out and we loved it, too!

We had some great recommendations from our friends about what to try and they even gave the owner a heads up that we were coming so we got a few little perks! Nice.

Appetizer

Rolls

My love

Green tea ice cream - YUM!

After dinner we walked to The Well for the concert. LANCO and someone else opened up. They were pretty good. I loved hearing Luke Combs though. He has such an amazing voice!

Showtime!

Loving our date night!

The stage

Zoomed in on Luke
We had a lot of fun - sushi and a great concert! What a night!

I'm very blessed to have so much love in my life. My family is what makes my world go round and I'm thankful for them on Valentine's Day each year and on every day in between, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment