Friday, March 1, 2019

Natty Celebration time + b-balling

After the National Championship game, it was promptly announced that there would be another celebration parade and I knew immediately that we wouldn't miss it! Although it was cold, and it even rained on us a little, we had to be there for this special day! We skipped the parade and instead went straight to the stadium to hear the speeches and celebrate with all the fans.

In front of the Littlejohn Tiger

Watching the celebration unfold

Christian, once again, had a spectacular speech!



Handsome Ryan

Stokes snuggling with Mama

Hunter Renfow

Adam Choice
Clelin Ferrell
The Defensive Line - we sure are going to miss these guys!
Dada and the boys


Coach Dabo Swinney
Clemson Family
The team


I saw my friend Kristen and her kiddos,
Grant and Harper!
We heard some really fantastic speeches during the celebration. Not everyone gets an opportunity to speak - only the team leaders and the seniors that make up the core of the team. What they had to say was funny, inspirational, and heartfelt. You should have heard them all giving their mamas some love. It brought tears to my eyes! These guys were really special and I feel like they're all my boys. I will be watching the NFL draft this year with high hopes for each one of them. We sure will miss seeing them in orange running down the hill this fall!

The Tigers were playing #2 Virginia in basketball at noon, directly after the celebration ended and we had tickets from Matt to go watch it. It was a Clemson filled day! And also, we were so glad that we got to go inside because we were frozen and ready to thaw out. 

Ryan is not all that crazy about football games, but he LOVED the basketball game. I think the action, the lights, the close proximity to the court and the music/noise all played a part in his love of the game. 

Loving it!

Entranced

Seeing this cheeseburger reminds me. Only in Clemson, SC can you get 3 hot dogs, 1 cheeseburger, a large bucket of popcorn, 3 bottled waters and 1 Powerade for $23 inside a sporting event venue. Seriously - $23!! I almost thought he was joking but I quickly paid and left and thanked my fortune! That lunch anywhere else probably would have been $100!

The energy was building Littlejohn!

Game Time action
Love bug

The football team was honored at halftime for their championship!

Making their way to the court


Football team

Can't get enough

Preach, Coach Dabo!

We were *almost* a part of the team huddle
Unfortunately, the basketball team was not able to pull out a victory, but the day was solid orange. What else can you ask for?!?!

It was an exhausting day full of
excitement! One of my favorite parts
was right here - snuggling on the coach
with my Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment