Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy Hearts Day

Our Valentine's Day and weekend was filled with lots of love! 

I got to have a fun lunch on Saturday with some dear friends and got to see Beth's baby, Marlowe again. This was the first time I'd seen her awake. She's so beautiful!! Then Thomas and I did our Valentine's date night on Saturday night. We got the boys down for the night before we had our dinner so that we could sit and eat in peace. We had steak from the NY Butcher Shoppe (which Thomas grilled to perfection!), salad, mashed potatoes and red wine with chocolate ice cream for dessert. We exchanged presents and spent hours listening to music, laughing and just hanging out. It was really a sweet and fun "at-home" date!

Sunday was Valentine's Day and I had plans in store. I got up early to put pork in the crock pot and got a little prop area ready. I pulled out an old white sheet, hung it up on the wall and blew up some red balloons. I had matching red shirts for the boys this year (yay for thinking ahead for once!) and after we got them dressed, we did a little photo shoot! In my head, the boys would probably sit still and look at the camera and smile and the balloons would be background props. Like usual, I was wrong. HA! The boys did not want to sit still and wanted to play with the balloons the whole time. I should have known! My imagination had this turning out to be the cutest little picture opp, and although it was cute, I did not get one single picture that is good of all three of them. I took probably close to 100. Such is life! 

Sampling of the pictures....




After I had taken several pictures, we decided to give them their Valentine's cards that they'd received from Abby, Nana, GranO and Granddad! This was pretty cute!








Their patience for taking pictures was running a little low and they hadn't had anything to eat yet - strategic planning on my part because their shirts never stay clean for long! We eventually gave up on the "perfect" picture and let them have breakfast. Poor little guys! :)

All 3 have had snotty noses and a little bit of congestion, with Ryan being the worst. Stokes and William are on the mend so Thomas took them to church. They've asked us not to bring sick kids to the nursery, so Ryan and I stayed home and relaxed and cooked lunch.

The boys wanted to spend some time with their other sweetheart, MaSha, on Valentine's Day so we had a special  Valentine's Day lunch with her after church. We had honey balsamic pulled pork, green beans, rosemary roasted potatoes, salad and chocolate pie for dessert! After we put the boys down for their afternoon nap, Thomas, MaSha and I watched some old home movies of Thomas's family from 1990. It was really cool to see Thomas's grandparents, whom I never got to meet in person, and of course just seeing everyone's hair styles and fashion from 1990 - classic. Later on, Thomas and the boys and I watched Disney's Robin Hood. It was cold outside and just felt like it should be a day with the fire going and movies playing. The rest of the evening was pretty simple - dinner, baths, and bed.

The boys fill my heart and are so sweet! They love to be loved - including being held, hugged and kissed. William was practicing saying, "Happy Valentine's Day" over the weekend and half the time it would come out as, "Happy birthday!" The four guys in my life are all such sweethearts and they make me happy.

Memories from previous Valentine's Days
Valentine's 2015
Valentines 2014

I love looking back at old posts and reading through what we were doing at that time. The pictures make me laugh and it's crazy to see how much the boys change from year to year. It's amazing how much easier a lot of things are now versus this time last year. I remember how hard it was to try to load them up and go to the outlets last year. We didn't really do much of anything this year, but it would have been much easier for us! Just getting in and out of Chick Fil A seemed like a big ordeal back then. We're in such a good place right now.

I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with love as well! XOXO

p.s. Here are a few pictures from a snuggle sesh on Saturday morning. The boys wanted to get "under the covers" with Mama!

Stokes, Ryan, William and Mama
It doesn't get much sweeter than this!

Outtakes from the Valentine's Day photo shoot (I love posting outtakes):
Balloons are too much fun!

Stokes, sit down and say cheese for Mama!
William,  where are you?!?!?!
Paging William..

Uh oh, sheet fell down!

Balloons everywhere!

"Let's not eat the balloons, boys!"

2 comments:

  1. The sweetest little Valentine boys!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this photo booth sesh!! but not as much as I love a snuggle sesh in the morning. Can't wait to see you and the boys again soon. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete