Friday, October 23, 2015

Nap update

Our nap schedule changed a while back and it occurred to me that I don't think I ever updated my blog about it! Trying to keep with the theme of consistency, I feel obliged to post about the fact that the boys no longer take a morning nap.

We tested it out over the summer, and decided they weren't ready. So probably about 2 months ago, we tried it again and it seemed to go okay. When we went to the beach in early September, we totally took out the nap. There is no time for napping when there is beach, sand and waves with which to play! After the beach, we never really looked back.

As an adjustment to doing away with the morning nap, the boys now have their morning snack a little earlier (around 10 am) and then have lunch at noon and go down for their afternoon nap around 1:00.

William loves taking a book to nap with him

Quiet time!

He's almost ALWAYS happy!

Blankie

Wild man with his stuff dog and "Little Blue Truck"

Saying "cheese!"


Sleeping kids = good times. That being said, I was glad to do away with the morning nap so that we have more time to actually do things outside the house! In the past, between naps, snacks and meals, we really only had time blocks of 30 minutes or so to do anything. It would stress me out. Feeding/snacking on the run or without high chairs used to be a bit burdensome. Now we can do snacks and meals out a lot more easily and we have the whole morning to do fun stuff! This occurred to me the other day when I was taking the boys for a walk around the neighborhood. As we passed the pool area, William started saying "pool!" and pointing. I told him that yes, it is the pool and told him that we would spend a lot more time at the pool next summer. (Side note: we only went to the pool a handful of times this summer. Bummer.) So I was realizing that next summer, we can get them ready in the morning, pack up some snacks and lunch and we wouldn't have to be back home until later in the afternoon to take an afternoon nap at some point. We could spend several hours there playing and swimming. It's like a whole new glimpse at freedom. I'm already excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment