Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pool time

I've realized that this summer will bring a lot of "firsts" for the babies! On Saturday we had a really fun day which included a trip to the pool.

There were some looming clouds and Thomas had some doubts about going to the pool, but I insisted! I definitely can't take all 3 by myself and needed to take advantage of this weekend while Thomas was home and we didn't have any other plans. We put sunscreen, trunks and hats on the boys, packed our towels and pool bags and loaded everything into the car. There were a few logistics questions about how to get all 3 babies from the car into the pool area. We used the double stroller and I carried one in. We had a baby float and took turns for which baby got to sit in it. We definitely plan to get 2 more of these floats, which will make our next trip to the pool even easier.

We eased our way into the pool, meaning Thomas initially took one baby with the float and I was on the chairs with the other two. Once he felt comfortable, I brought him another baby to hold. Then not long after that, I grabbed the third and headed into that refreshing water. We switched off with who was holding whom and which baby was in the float. It actually worked pretty well. Except for the time that Thomas wanted to take one of the boys out of the float, so I held two and he was trying to pull the baby out and I had to put my foot on the float to hold it down while trying not to lose my balance. Yeah, that must have looked interesting!

Our pool is very low-key and there were only a handful of other people there, so it wasn't too stressful or crowded. The boys really liked the water! Stokes was undecided at first, but only for a minute until he got comfortable and then he liked to kick around! Ryan did not like it until his Dad started bouncing him up and down in the water. He loves bouncing. William is so laid back, he just goes with the flow and would be happy anywhere.

We were only there for about an hour, and it did seem like a lot of work for a short amount of time, but Thomas and I were both so glad that we went and we were very happy with our pool adventure! Cheers to many more trips to the pool this summer.

Thomas putting Stokes in for the first time.

Trying to decide if he likes it.

Mind made up - he likes it!

William and Ryan on the chair with me

William's turn in the water

Thomas with William and Stokes

Stokes snuggled up in his towel

Ryan is ready to test the water

Thomas holding William up
 
Ryan with his Dad


Since I was just so pleased with our pool trip, I extended our outdoor time yesterday by feeding the boys their evening "dinner" (i.e. a few small bites of vegetables and sometimes fruit) outside on the deck while Thomas was cutting grass.

Babies in Bumbos on the deck

Sweet baby Ryan
Stokes decided it would be more fun and taste better to eat William's hand instead of the sweet potatoes I was trying to feed him. I got a good laugh out of this...and it's so typical of him.
 

 
 

Stokie-boy

My William

Look who decided he was ready to hold his own spoon! He actually did pretty well, but it was messy!
 
Loving on my boys
 
Ryan, post-outdoor mini nap in the Bumbo
 
 
William and Da-da
 

Cracking up at Dad
Lookie lookie! My hydrangeas have started to bloom! Woot woot!


Thomas did a fantastic job cutting the grass. I love it when he makes these vertical mow lines. I'm such a nerd.


After putting the babies to bed, Thomas and I had a stay-at-home date. He grilled us some steaks we got at NY Butcher Shoppe (so good!) and I made some kale from this recipe from the Pioneer Woman and some roasted red potatoes with rosemary from one of my pots (YEAH!). It was a delicious dinner.



Thennnnnn we played Just Dance 4 on the Wii. Hilarious. And did I mention it's a great workout?!?!?

Although it wasn't an earth shattering day, it just seemed like a really great day to me. I laugh because I think back to when I was, say...25, and it would be have seemed pretty lame to me and now I think it's awesome. My, how times have changed!

12 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had such a great day! Can't wait to see y'all!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect summer day!! The boys are getting so big. Thanks for all of the pictures and posts!! Love reading about your journey! You are a ROCKSTAR mom. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when we took our son to the pool for the first time. That was a crazy experience. It is kind of like when they first see snow and can not quite figure out what is going on. I mean I suppose the pool is a bit easier because baths happen so water is not a new concept yet.

    Alvin @ Selective Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a set of cuties- you must be nearly as proud as you are tired. And you find the energy to have date nights still! And garden- you and Thomas must be super-people. Must say he did a nice job on your lawn, makes me feel guilty about the state of ours :)

    Benton @ Pool Solar & Spa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is precious. I remember when we brought our son to the pool for the first time. He was actually a bit older because he was born in September so we only brought him the next June. His reactions and amazement were so fun to watch. It was funny because I was not expecting it to be a big deal.

    David Moore @ Backyard Rescues

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Stahlwandpool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. Pools

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! Pool

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. best pool toys for kids

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Swimmingpools

    ReplyDelete
  11. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! PoolAbdeckplane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Installation Process of pool tile: Installing pool tiles requires precision and expertise to ensure a seamless and durable finish. It involves surface preparation, adhesive application, tile placement, grouting, and sealing for optimal results.

    ReplyDelete