Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

The boys want to wish a very happy father's day to their Da-da, Thomas. Thomas deserves so much credit for the exceptional father that he is. He's been totally on-board and hands-on since day 1. He takes everything in stride and can watch the triplets by himself like it's no big deal.  And guess what! It IS a big deal. In fact, he kept the boys solo this weekend from Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon so I could have a fun girls night out in Charlotte (more on that in a minute). What a sweet, selfless, incredible Dad and husband! The babies and I are so lucky to have him!

When I made plans to go out of town for the night months ago, I didn't realize it was Father's Day weekend. I was feeling pretty bad about leaving Thomas with the boys on his own and for not being here on Father's Day morning. I wanted to do something fun (but inexpensive) for Thomas to let him know that we love, admire and appreciate him. I had 3 small gifts for him - a gift from each baby - and then a picture from me. I decided to do a small in-home scavenger hunt. Before I left on Saturday, I hid the gifts around the house and hid Thomas' Father's Day card in the drawer where we keep the K-cups, since I figured he would get coffee first thing in the morning. Inside the Father's Day card, I wrote a message to him from the boys and a little poem announcing the scavenger hunt. I included an index card with the first clue, in poem form, of course, to tell him where to go to find his first gift! When he found the gift, it had a little note from the baby it was from and was wrapped in tissue paper. When he opened the tissue paper, he saw another index card with clue #2, and so on. The hunt ended with a picture of the boys I created and had printed for him. He said he really enjoyed the hunt and all my little poems. Although the gifts weren't much, I hope I was able to show him how wonderful and loved he is! He sure is a special man.


The picture I made for him


His card with the notecards - scavenger hunt clues and gift notes from the boys

Once I got home Sunday afternoon, we spent the day hanging out with the boys and got to do a little outdoor time with them in the evening. We put them to bed and had Thomas's request for dinner - tuna steaks, Vidalia onions cooked on the grill, and broccoli layered salad - yum!


Thomas with his boys on Father's Day 2014
As I mentioned, I got to do a night out in Charlotte this weekend. My second mom & sister, Carole and Corey, invited me to Charlotte to see Elton John in concert. That's right, the Rocket Man himself! We made a whole day out of it. Carole and I drove up and met Corey at the club, where we had lunch, piƱa coladas and a new drink called a "transfusion" at the adults only pool. Two words describe this - relaxing and wonderful! After our afternoon at the pool, we went to Corey's to shower and get ready and had a delicious dinner at a new restaurant in Charlotte. Then we went to see Sir Elton. He was awesome! In true Elton John fashion, he was wearing a sparkly, multicolored jacket! We had so much fun and knew (and sang along with) so many of his songs! I got a chance to meet Seantel, one of Corey's friends. I feel like I know her already because I read her fabulous blog, www.ourlondryroom.blogspot.com - check it out! She is a twin mom and she is pretty much perfect. I am glad to have met a new friend!

Pictures from the concert!

Corey, me and Carole

Corey and me with ginormous Lime-A-Ritas

Seantel, Corey and me

I need to give a shout out to my own wonderful father, Stokes! We invited him to come over and have dinner with us tonight but he is spontaneously vacationing in Florida right now. He is going to come over for dinner with us soon, once he is back in town. :)

Father/Daughter dance at my wedding

Wedding - 2009

Grandpa Stokes with his 3 grandsons

He looks much younger without the beard, no? Hint hint, Dad. ;)

And Happy Father's Day to my fantastic FIL, Abby. We're looking forward to seeing him again soon, too!


Thomas and Abby


Abby and William


Both of the Grandfathers


This week we have our 9 month well check with the pediatrician and another special day for Thomas. Of course, I'll keep you updated about both things!

No comments:

Post a Comment