Thursday, June 19, 2014

Daddy's Birthday!


The boys asked me to take this picture for their Daddy to show him how much they love him.

Their faces light up when he comes in the room. They love to laugh and smile for their "Da-da". Thomas is such a hands-on Dad and doesn't shy away from any task or challenge. He is truly a remarkable Dad, husband and man. He deserves the very best and the 4 of us wish him a very, very happy birthday!

Thomas got breakfast in bed on his birthday morning and didn't have to get up to feed the dogs or make bottles. Hey, it's the little things, right?!?!?! He did have to go to work though.

But to make it a special day for him, I brought the boys up to his office! We got there a little later than I hoped, so it was right at the end of the day but it was great. I gave the boys a pep talk in the car on the way there. I told them they weren't allowed to spit up, cough or cry; they could burp or toot if they had to, but mainly they should smile and giggle. It's never too early to start the pep talks about good behavior, right?!?!? :) The boys were surrounded by Thomas's coworkers but didn't freak out. They were so sweet and willing to be passed around and snuggled. They earned a lot of compliments about how good and cute they were.

Stokes has a much bigger personality one-on-one than he does in a busy environment with lots of people (we witnessed this at his baptism luncheon), so he mainly looked around. He didn't want to smile or laugh much, which is the opposite of the way he is at home. Ryan got held by Brenda most of the time he was there and was happy as can be in her arms. He was pretty calm and did break out a few smiles for us. William was a big hit. He knows how to play it up for the people. He laughed and talked (babbled) on cue and was willing to cuddle as well. All three were precious. We started out in Thomas's department but made our way over to the area where I used to work. By the time we got there, it was past the end of the workday so we only caught a few of my former co-workers that were still there working late. It was fun for me to get out of the house and get a change of scenery and to see my old buddies, too! I think the boys loved all the attention and Thomas was so proud he was beaming! He loved being able to show off his boys. I definitely plan to bring them back on a Friday sometime so we can see more people. Of course I had my camera there with me, but did not take a single picture. Oops. Next time!!!

After we left work, we got home and had a mad dash to get boys in pjs, prepare bottles, feed them and put them to bed. Then Thomas got to enjoy his birthday dinner, which consisted of steak, baked potato and asparagus (his request).



We did a little dessert and he got to blow out a candle.



Yes, this was a leftover cupcake from some girlfriends that came over on Tuesday night. I would not ordinarily get him a pink cupcake...but you know the expression - waste not, want not! I couldn't let that delicious cupcake made by the incomparable Jill Bass go to waste!

Then he opened presents and cards. All in all I think he had a good day. We have a babysitter coming soon so we'll use that night for our official night on the town in honor of Father's Day and Thomas's birthday.

Outtakes from the boys' photo sesh... William is still working on his independent sitting. I was trying to semi-prop him on the Nap Nanny in which Ryan is sitting. It kind of worked...but kind of not. LOL




2 comments:

  1. I hate I missed seeing them!! Please next time make sure I do. I want to get a hold of those babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be back soon! Maybe after EOQ. Then you can finally meet them in person :)

      Delete