Tuesday, September 4, 2018

End of summer spirit week at school

Stokes and Williams' class did a spirit week at school in mid-August, leading up to the first day of school on Monday the 20th. Having a spirit week at school adds to the excitement of getting up and ready in the morning, which helps me out! This was an extra benefit as Thomas was traveling for work all week and I needed all the help I could get to get up, ready and out in the mornings.

Monday - wellllll...Monday was crazy hair day. I totally forgot. They didn't participate. Womp womp. Hey, the expectation that I can read something on Friday and retain it over the whole weekend and then put it into action bright and early on a Monday morning is rather aggressive. Side note: it was written on my white board on the fridge and I still forgot. *face palm*

Tuesday - Super Heroes day!
We have random super hero t-shirts that I thought the boys would want to wear, but they insisted on wearing their mask and cape combo (cape was hilariously pronounced "cage" by Stokes LOL). I got semi-creative with our color scheme and made them color opposite for the rest of their attire. I referred to them as Super Stokes and Super William, but I'm not totally sure what they would have said if you asked them which super hero they were.

Giving me their best "super hero poses"

Super Awesome

Doing super hero moves

Wednesday - College Sports day!
I'm sure you can guess what they wore. They convinced me that they were allowed to bring a ball with them to school (typically outside toys are not allowed) so I caved and let them bring a tiger football with them.



Thursdays - Pajamas day!
For the record, these are not the pajamas I would have picked out, but hey, I let them choose so I had to stick with their choices. They also got to bring a stuffed animal with them to school. William chose his Tiggers (both of them) and Stokes brought his stuffed dog.

Spiderman pjs

So silly

Friday - Hawaiian Day (Stokes and William) and Disney Day (Ryan)!
Friday was the only day that Ryan's class had a dress up theme and I realized mid-week that I didn't really have any Disney shirts for him to wear. Not a problem! I called up a friend that is a big Disney fan and got to borrow a t-shirt from her crew. I knew she'd have something that fit! For Stokes and William, I found some leis and summery head wear that kind of seemed Hawaiian-y to me. They also had their last water day of the summer on Friday so they work their swim trunks to school. 

See that Mickey on his shirt?

He's a happy boy

1 word: SILLY


Mahalo!!!

That theme week wrapped up 3B (Ryan) and 4B (Stokes and William). Stay tuned for the first day of school post!

No comments:

Post a Comment