Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bugging out

We've had an interesting few weeks at our house. It boils down to having a lot of sickness up in here!Ok, so the boys first got walking pneumonia the week before Christmas. Then we had a great Christmas and everyone was feeling good. Shortly after we returned to Greenville following Christmas, I started feeling a little on the yucky side. Nothing major, just a little bit of a sore throat and feeling a little run down. Well, by the time that New Year's Eve came around, I felt horrible! On the 30th and 31st of December I had my laptop with me on my lap and worked from the bed. On New Year's Eve, I pretty much went to sleep as soon as Thomas got home and could take care of the boys. It was seriously around 7 PM when I went to bed. There was no countdown or watching the ball drop for this girl. Poor Thomas rang in the new year by himself.

I tried to get in to see the doctor but wasn't able to get an appointment and had heard that the MD360 offices had wait times around 3 hours, which didn't suit me since I could hardly get out of bed. I finally got in to see a nurse on Jan 2nd and by that point, I was actually feeling much, much better, however, I tested positive for the flu. YUCK. It was too late for Tamiflu at that point, but I was just glad that I was over the worst of it. We called our pediatrician to let them know about my flu test to see if we needed to do anything for the boys. They proactively prescribed Tamiflu to help them ward off any germs they may have gotten from me. They started Tamiflu that night.

For a few days, everyone was well. Awesome! Then on the 7th Stokes threw up. Then later that day, Ryan and William threw up and we began several days of on and off vomiting. It was not fun. Trust me on that. They weren't throwing up all the time, usually only one or two would throw up once a day, but every time we felt like they were all better, someone else would vomit. Then they started having diarrhea. Oh yeah, then Thomas threw up 5 times. Then I got sick again about 2 days after Thomas. I gave our nanny Layla an option of whether she wanted to come in to work or if she'd rather take a PTO day to avoid all of our germs. She opted to stay home and I couldn't blame her. We had 5 sick people in our house and despite our best efforts to use Lysol wipes to clean everything, there were a lot of germs running rampant in here. We were doing our best to take care of the boys. I felt like I wasn't going to make it...that's only a slight exaggeration. Every time we'd carry one of them a short distance, we'd have to sit down and rest because we had no energy and felt so horrible. Fortunately Thomas and I weren't down very long, but the bug has been lingering for the boys. They've been on the BRAT (bananas, rice, apples, toast) diet on and off since they came down with the stomach bug. They've been on Pedialyte and water a good bit of the time and we reintroduce milk once when we feel good about their bellies being settled, only to have to discover that they weren't quite ready.

Suffice it to say that it's been a rough couple of weeks. We seem to be in the clear now...thank goodness...but Stokes is still having some messy diapers and we may need to take him to the pediatrician this week, just to make sure everything is OK!

Poor little fella does not feel well

No comments:

Post a Comment