Thursday, January 1, 2015

Professional pictures in 2014

We had several good opportunities this year to get professional pictures taken. I realized that I haven't put any of them on the blog yet! In case you haven't noticed, I love pictures. I cherish the pictures and they memories they inspire.

The first pictures were taken at Folly Beach, SC when we were there in June with family. See beach post here! These were taken by Kyle, a friend of Matt and Tara's.



 


I wanted to get some "one year" pictures of the boys in August. These were taken just a few days before they officially turned one by Monica Parkkonen. Unfortunately, Ryan was on steroids for his infantile spasms recurrence at the time when these pictures were taken and you can really tell in his face. He was so swollen! But you know, it was his (and our) reality then and I can look back at these pictures that paint a real picture of what was going on in his life at that time.
I am terrible and still have not gotten any of these sweet pictures printed/framed/put on canvas/whatever. I only look at them on the computer. Part of the reason is that there are so many from which to choose! I have the perfect wall for 3 large framed canvas prints...but I haven't pulled the trigger to make it happen just yet. I feel like I need to use the same set up for each picture of the boys, meaning I don't want to choose Ryan with balloons, Stokes on the wicker chair and William in his diaper. I need to choose all 3 on wicker or all 3 with balloons, etc. You know what I mean? I need some consistency. If you have an opinion for which ones I should use, please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear it! I need some help, people!!! :)









































 




We then found out about a fall mini session in which we wanted to participate. Timing-wise it wasn't perfect because the session was scheduled in early September and it was literally 2 weeks after the one year pictures above were taken. I would have rather waited for a little more time in between pictures, but if you take advantage of a mini session, you don't get a choice on the date. I also wanted to wait until Ryan was off his medicine and his face had gone down some, but alas, it didn't work out that way. It was seriously around 90 degrees outside that day and we were attempting to look like "fall"! It didn't take long for us all to start sweating! I wanted the pictures to be fall-ish though because I wanted to use them for our Christmas cards and I didn't want it to look like it was only 2 weeks after the boys' birthday.
BTW, in case you don't know about a mini session, it's when a photographer chooses a day and allows people to come, one after the other, and get pictures done for about 30 minutes for a reduced fee than a normal sitting fee. It's a win-win; the photographer gets to book a lot of clients for the day and the clients get their pictures for a good price. :)
These were taken by Deven Stapleton.













 














Happy new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment